11

Rory nearly choked, "What? Logan's here?"

"Yup. They're with a woman. She seems... Polynesian?"

"Pineapple princess" Rory muttered under her breath.

Paris raised an eyebrow, "You know who she is?"

"My grandma said Logan's dad remarried."

"Hm." She cocked her head to the side, "Mitchum Huntzberger goes from Midwestern trophy wife to Polynesian Princess? What a man." Paris crossed her arms and nodded approvingly, "I hate him, but you've gotta respect the hustle."

Meanwhile, Rory was freaking out internally. Over the weekend, she wasn't able to stop thinking about Logan. On the other hand, she also couldn't believe so many major events had taken place in his life and he still had not shared any of them with her.

How has he lost an organ, gained a stepmother, acquired major business holdings ,and not told me about any of it? What else is he hiding?

She looked up at Paris, "I'm sort of hanging out with Logan again."

Rory watched as Paris furrowed her brow "Are you sleeping with him?"

"He slept at my house but no. I didn't sleep with him sleep with him."

Paris took a moment to process. "Well, I'm going to need more information but if you want to talk to him, you better make your move now. It looks like they are finishing their meal."

"Ugh. I want to look at them! What does the woman look like?"

"Just look yourself!" Paris whispered, rolling her eyes.

Rory shook her head, "I don't want them to see me!" They were acting like teenage girls, trying to be discreet as they stared at someone in the cafeteria.

"Okay, well Luau Barbie over there is getting ready to leave."

"Fine." Rory's heart was racing as she turned her head. She was obviously staring at the Huntzbergers. Just as she craned her neck to get a good look, Logan looked up and they locked eyes. Rory knew she was about to turn bright red. She was both excited and nervous to see Logan; however, she had no interest in speaking to Mitchum.

"I- uh-"

Noticing Rory's tomato colored face, Paris quickly jumped into best friend mode. "We need to powder our noses." With that, she grabbed Rory's arm and walked with her towards the ladies room. Before they could get there, Logan caught up to them in the hallway.

Paris narrowed her eyes, "Defector."

Logan chuckled, "What?"

"You left Rory just because you didn't get what you wanted!"

Rory's eyes widened, "Paris!"

"Rory, what's wrong?" Logan questioned, noticing her bewildered state.

"Uh- I... I don't know-"

"I have a meeting in half an hour but do you want to talk for a minute? Alone?"

Rory looked at Paris, "I'll be back in a minute. Can you get our drinks?"

Paris nodded dutifully, "If you're not back in five minutes I'm hunting Logan down myself."

Just as Paris marched off to their table, Logan grabbed Rory's hand and pulled her through a doorway and into a stairwell. He wrapped his arm around the small of her back and leaned in for a kiss. Rory kissed back half heartedly. Logan frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Logan. I had dinner with my grandparents on Friday night and they said some things about you and your family."

"Oh?"

Rory's eyes widened, "Nothing bad! There was just a lot that I didn't know... I thought it was a little weird that I had to hear it from them. Were you trying to keep it from me?"

Logan sighed, "No, not at all. I've been meaning to tell you all of this. Trust me, I have no intention of hiding anything from you. A lot has happened since we broke up and I didn't want to lay it all on you, especially if that night was a one time thing."

She bit her lip, "Was it a one time thing?"

"I would prefer otherwise." Logan said with his signature smile as he leaned in closer. 

Rory nodded, "I'd like that too. I've been thinking about you, I would like to go out with you again- I mean hangout... did we go on a date last week? Was that a date?"

He grinned, "It is if you want it to be."

She nodded.

"Good. We will date, and we will talk about everything. We can sit down and you can ask me all the questions you want Ace"

"Who said I had questions for you?"

"You're Rory Gilmore, you've got loads of questions in that head of yours." Logan teased as he slowly guided her back against the wall.

"You think you know me so well..."

He nodded, bringing his lips close to hers. Their lips were a centimeter apart and Rory was doing everything she could to hold herself back. "We're at the Yale Club. We can't just kiss in the stairwell like raunchy teenagers" she whispered as she tried to steady her breath.

"My family donated the money that paid for these stairs. I can kiss on them if I want to." Logan breathed as he threaded his fingers through Rory's hair. He pressed his lips up to her ear, "Don't hold back Gilmore."

With that, she gave into temptation. Rory grabbed Logan's chin and brought their lips together into a passionate kiss. All of her doubts about their new relationship flew out the window. In that moment, the only thing that seemed to matter was the man whose arms were wrapped around her. The drama surrounding their reunion did not matter to her. As their lips danced, all of Rory's concerns swirled around her. She knew there were things she needed to address, but all she could focus on was kissing Logan... holding Logan...

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard echoing through the staircase. Unsure of the exact location of their intruder, Rory and Logan separated. Rory blushed and began to adjust her clothes and hair.

Logan kissed her forehead, "Your questions. Make a list of them. I know you like lists." He winked and walked out of the stairwell.