Afire Love (Bucky x Reader)

Prompt: Second Song-Fic

Warnings: None

Requested By: JavimarGuerra 

Lyrics from Google Play

===========================

You continue to stare at Bucky through the glass of the holding cell at Avenger's tower. Tears stream down your face as you stare at his unmoving body, all the memories of the past few days flood back into your head.

Things were all good yesterday
And then the devil took your memory

Bucky had had one of his Winter Soldier moments, he almost killed you and the others in the tower.

And if you fell to your death today
I hope that heaven is your resting place
I heard the doctors put your chest in pain
But then that could have been the medicine

If Steve hadn't have found you when he did, you would've died a few seconds later.

And now you're lying in the bed again
Either way I'll cry with the rest of them 

Tears stream down your face as you continue to watch his rising and falling chest on the medical bed.

And my father told me, son
It's not his fault he doesn't know your face
And you're not the only one
Although my grandma used to say, he used to say

"Y/N, are you okay?" Steve's voice fills your head, you shake your head as more tears fall.

Darling hold me in your arms the way you did last night
And we'll lie inside, a little while he wrote
I could look into your eyes until the sun comes up

Your mind goes back to the times when Bucky used to hold you during your nightmares, now you had no one. He had to be kept in there, it had already been days and he was still kept in there for everyone's safety.

With your body next to mine our hearts will beat as one
And we're set alight, we're afire love, love, love oh

"Y/N, you've got to come upstairs some time. Please." Steve whispers. "You've got to eat, Y/S/N and Y/D/N need to see you."

"Steve." You whisper without turning to him. "I'll be up in a minute."

Black suit, black tie standin' in the rain
And now my family is one again
Stapled together with the strangers and a friend

Days have gone by and you haven't been back in the medical wing, instead, you focus on spending time with friends and family. Especially your kids, people try to comfort you but it never works; to you at least.

And my father told me, son
It's not his fault he doesn't know your face
And you're not the only one
Although my grandma used to say, he used to say

But now and again that day will flash in your head, the way he had looked at you as if you were just another mission. Yet, you didn't give up. You knew that your Bucky would still be there somewhere. 

Somewhere.

And we're wrapped in light, in life, in love
Put your open lips on mine and slowly let them shut

Everyone had been sneaking around lately, keeping secrets from you and avoiding your questions on anything. Even your questions about Bucky were kind of avoided or they danced around the subject. No matter how many times you asked, they always avoided the matter; even your own children did. Soon you just gave up on the matter.

And my father and all of my family
Rise from the seats to sing hallelujah

"Y/N?" A familiar male voice rings out as you sit with your daughter on the rug in your living room.

"Bucky?" Your voice shakes as you turn around.

Rise from the seats to sing hallelujah
And my brother and all of my family

"It's really you?" You whisper, your voice breaking at every word.

"Yeah, it's me."

(And all of my brothers and my sisters, yeah)
And my father and all of my family

Without another word, you rush towards him as the tears stream down your face. In one swift motion, he lifts you off your feet and you wrap them around his waist.

Rise from the seats to sing hallelujah

"I missed you so much." You whisper, his grip on you tightens as he kisses the top of your head.

"I missed you too." He mumbles. "I'm so sorry."

Hallelujah

"Don't be." You whisper. "It's over and you're okay and I'm okay."

"I love you so much." Bucky mumbles, your arms tighten around his neck.

"I love you too." Your voice cracks again, he slightly pulls away to look down into your E/C eyes. He wipes a couple of tears away with his thumb without breaking eye contact, finally, neither of you can take it, you both smash your lips together. You smile into the kiss before breaking apart for air. "I love you too."

=======

Hope you liked it, I'm having mixed feelings so I'm sorry if it sucks.....