Six.

Hey everyone! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry that I haven't updated in about six months. I have just been really busy with school ending, my boyfriend, summer camps, and so much more. I am actually at one of my summer camps right now. It's called youth write and it's SOOO much fun. Anyways, I really hope you like this chapter and I will try to upload 3 more chapters for you guys but I can't guarantee it. I will sure try for all you wonderful, beautiful people! Now, without further or do! On to chapter 6!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mya's POV

It has been a month since Haileigh was born and it had been the greatest month of my life. Everyone has told me to take it easy, but I'm feeling ok enough to go out and work again. I hate being cooped up in a building and not being able to go out into the woods. I've been stuck in the prison for about 9 months. I was outside until I was 1 month pregnant with Haileigh and then that's when everyone made sure I was kept inside.

Today is the day I get to go on a hunt with Daryl, even though it pains me to leave my little Haileigh behind. It reassures me to know that she will be loved and cared for and that she is with family. I placed my dirty plate and cup by the tub of soapy water and I went to mine and Daryl's cell to grab my bag and supplies. I picked up my black backpack and put in four water bottles, six stale granola bars, and extra ammo that I have been saving over the last nine months. I sling that over my shoulder and head out into the yard. I see everyone sitting at tables talking with other people, I also see a few new people. It's pretty sad to see all the younger kids without parents. It's even more sad to find out that those kids had to watch their families being torn up. I shuttered at the thought of it.

I see Daryl talking to Rick, and Daryl didn't look very happy. I walked up to them. The frowns on their faces were replaced by smiles at my presences. Daryl hugged me and placed a kiss on my lips and I smiled up at him. He had his hand on my waist. Rick gave me a hug.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good Rick. Ready to work, that's for sure." I smiled. He chuckled.

"Well there is a lot to be done." He smiles at me, resting his hands on his hips.

"So, Daryl are you ready to go?" I asked him. He shook his head and I looked at him confused.

"I can't go, sorry darlin'. I have to stay here and help out." I could see the hurt in his eyes because he knew how much I wanted to get out. I nodded.

"Yeah, sorry there Mya but I need Daryl here to help with repairs and all that. But you are still welcome to go yourself." Rick explained. I nodded to him. I looked at Daryl and I gave him a passionate kiss and hugged him.

"You come back to me." Daryl's voice was muffled by my hair. I chuckled and hugged him tighter before I let go.

"Always do." I smiled at him. I turned to see Beth holding Haileigh, I walked up to her and placed a kiss on my little girls forehead.

"Momma will be back soon ok baby? I love you so much." I kissed Haileigh's forehead once more before walked towards the 'gun box' and grabbed a pistol, a rifle, and of course, a cross bow. I waved to my family and looked at all of them and just thought about how lucky I am to have such an amazing group of people there to support me and help me through anything.

After the gate was closed behind me, I set off into the woods. I breathed in that musky, damp, woodsy smell. I missed this so much. The leaves and things crunching under my boots, the sounds of nature. It just felt . . . right.

***

I was almost back at the prison when I felt as if I was being watched. I tried to ignore it but it was still there. The prison was in sight and I stopped to take a breath. That was a big mistake.

My vision went black and I was dead to the world.