My New Friend

You were 6 years old coming back from school with your Mom, telling her about what you did in school. Your Mom was always busy with work since your Dad was away for business trips. Since they worked so hard it wasn't often that they could spend with you.

"Then the teacher read us a story at the end of class!" you happily say remembering the story.

She gave you a heartfelt smile as she pulled you closer to her. "That's great, maybe you could tell me the story at home."

You grinned cheerfully at the thought of spending some time with her. The walk home felt almost out of a TV show. Everything was going so well, that's until you got home. The only sound was a phone ringing for who knows how long. Mom then went rushing over to it as you went to your room to put your belongings down. You were about to go downstairs until you saw your brothers room. Your small hands turned the nob as you pushed it slightly open to see he was doing his homework.

So you continued heading downstairs to be with your Mom. Peaking around the corner you saw your Mom on the phone busy as always. She then gave you that look that to not bother her. Not wanting to disturb her, in frighten of being scolded you left to play outside. There wasn't really much to do outside since you weren't allowed in the woods, and with no one else around it was just boring.

You just sat in the grass looking off into the woods wanting to explore it. Imagine how exciting that would be and everything new you'll see! Sure the woods might seem boring to some people but as a little kid it was like an adventure. You looked back at the window making sure no one was watching and ran for it.

As your little feet ran through the grass your curious eyes scanned everywhere they could not wanting to miss anything that was happening. That's when you stop as you looked at the flowers on the ground. They felt more vibrant and colorful then the ones you usually saw. Almost like the ones in the picture books. You picked some up and threw them in the air as some got stuck in your hair. You sneezed a little but laughed it off.

You wandered around some more your eyes noticed that less trees were appearing, the more you walked. That's when there was no more and a very lovely river was there. But you also noticed something else. A boy. Around the same age as you. He looked like any regular other boy. His hair was a sandy color and was real messy. His clothes were normal too so it wouldn't hurt to say hi to him.

"Hi!" you said happily waving at him.

He dully looked at you with his red eyes as they streamed down with red tears. It felt like a whole eternity before he said, "...hello"

"How come your crying?" you said.

You see him get a little angry from what you said as he furiously stated,
"I'm not crying!"

"I-I'm sorry." You backed a way a little as he asked you a question.

"How come you have flowers in your hair?" He pointed to few flowers that you still had.

"I threw flowers in the air and they landed in my hair" you said grinning.

"sounds fun..." his voice sarcastically said.

"Yup and why are you so close to the river my Mom said it's dangerous." you say trying to warn him.

"I already know that, stupid!" he yelled at you.

"Don't call me stupid!" you yelled at him.

--

You talked with him a little bit more until the sun was setting. Which meant you had to go back home. You waved goodbye to Ben and ran home. You got home hoping mom didn't noticed you were gone but it just looked like she hadn't even moved from when you left. But you were thrilled to tell her about the new person you met.

"Mom, Mom I made a new friend named Ben!" you said excitedly

"That's nice but I'm very busy right now." She walked away from you leaving you by yourself.

"Okay..." you said walking to your room.