Eulogy

Ben looked around the woods trying to hide the dead body which he had just killed. His steps crunched on the leaves as the body dragged slowly behind him. The cold November wind gushed at him as the night went on. He needed to hide the body quick too before more blood seeped from the wounds. Ben kept walking for a while before he saw an abandoned house.

It was the only one standing out of all the other ones. It seems like they were all left behind for a long time. Almost destroyed. 'Oh well at least I can burn the body here and people will just think of it as some trouble makers' Ben thought to himself. The other houses won't do so he went to the only one standing.

There was no doors, windows were broken, and dust was everywhere. Basically like an abandoned old house. It was quiet, as the sounds of crickets filled the night. Ben's footsteps creaked on the soft wooden floor. He dropped the body and decided to look around for a bit before burning it down.

For some reason this place made him feel uneasy. Like seeing a dead person come back to life. He first walked to the kitchen, looked like a kitchen from a bit back then. He walked up the stairs and looked into the rooms there wasn't anything left except paper scattered around. He wasn't even about to bother to look at the last room but thought that he might as well do it since his here.

There was a quite a bit of stuff almost like they didn't care to take the stuff in this room. He looked around to find a bunch of girl stuff. Yet in the far corner of the room he found a picture frame. It was obviously broken so he flipped it to the other side to see who it was. As he looked at the picture he dropped it in horror to see the person.

It was you....

(Y/n).

As a little girl smiling in the picture.Happy.

He fell to the floor from what he saw. 'How long has it been months, years, decades?' Who knows anymore. That time was such a long time ago. Though he hasn't aged a bit. He thought as he picked the picture again. He remembers all the moments of you and him. And how he walked with you, how he spent those final moments with you one last time after spending so much with you.

It felt so wonderful and he never felt so good about anything. He would go back if could. Yet people have to move forward no matter how hard you hold on. He looked through more of your stuff and found a bunch of notes you wrote of each day you lived. When he got to the last one it wasn't like the other ones but it was a letter to him.

----
To Ben:

I don't know if your going to find this but if you do.

I most likely will be dead. Maybe alive by chance. Yet I doubt that.

I'm sorry I never told you I was really sick. I just didn't want you to worry you like I did to my family but I guess I really hurt you in the end huh?

My mom always worked really hard to help me get better but it was really foolish of her since either way I was going to die. She knew it but didn't want to except it.

Please don't hurt like her. Move on with your life. Leave the river. Find someone that will stay around. And eventually forget me. The memories too like the time we jumped in the water....

Oh god. I'm crying just thinking about everything. I'm glad to spend my time with you though it was limited.

I don't want to go yet. I want to keep writing, but that doesn't matter now.

What matters is that you stayed with me for all those years though I was a brat at sometimes.

So, thank you Ben.

~(Y/n)
----

Ben lit the match and put it on the body. Soon you wouldn't be able to tell the ashes from the body and the house. He watched to house burn and put his hands in the pocket safely checking if the note and picture were still there. He sighed and slightly smiled while walking towards the darkness of the woods. He still misses you but it's okay that now he has a sense of closure. Though he still hasn't told you one thing.

eu-lo-gy

(noun)

a speech or piece of writing that praises someone or something highly, typically someone who has died