Don't leave

November came and went. So did December it was around the last few weeks. Everyone usually was happy since they got to spend it with family, friends, or lovers. But no one really came to visit you. Basically forgotten expect for the doctors. You tried to stay happy but some days you couldn't take it anymore. One day you were so fed up with everything so you decided to go visit Ben.

You left at night running as the snow fell gently on the ground. Sometimes you almost fell from the high doses of painkillers the hospital gave you, which made you dizzy some times. But that didn't stop you. As you reached the woods your feet slowed down with each step you got closer.Then nearing the river you saw Ben sitting there calmly yet with a longing expression on his face. A smiled formed on your lips as you gradually tried to walk over to him but your legs soon gave up.

Ben turned around to see what was the noise that he heard and was shocked to see you. But somehow comforted.

"(Y/n)!, how are you here I haven't seen you for so long." He gets up and then helps you sit down.

"....Well I ran here, but I guess my legs were just cold," you say not wanting to answer his question and just laugh it off a little.

"Well just be careful and," he then suddenly hugs you, "next time please don't leave me."

You then wrapped your arms around him and with a slight smile you said, "I won't."

Those words gave you goosebumps as you said them, but went away quickly as Ben pulled away from the hug. You and Ben talked like before just bringing up random things that has happened or jokes. Yet you never mentioned about the hospital or anything. You wanted this time to be like before anything else had happened. Just you and him. Nothing else.

Yet as the snow falls ever more you knew your time was almost over with him. The colder you got, the worse you felt. You laid your head on his shoulder for warmth as your eyes sleepily closed, but you couldn't and so you got up.

"Hey Ben, I need leave" you said weakly while almost falling again but grabbed onto Ben's shoulder.

"I"ll help you" he said. You then got on his back as you put your arms around his neck. (basically a piggyback ride)

"But where do you need to go?" he looked up slightly towards you. You were hesitant at first but you just told him the hospital. He didn't ask you anything else relating to why you were there or what was wrong, but he just nodded and walked.

It was the first time Ben ever thought about leaving the river. Sure he could leave but it always felt like something was holding him back. Yet with you that feeling felt non-existant to him. After sometime the clouds leisurely came with there dark aura, which soon enough the stars weren't visible.

The hospital was dark when you both entered the exception being the emergency room and a few another places. Your breathing was also more quieter then before. Ben then asked you which room you were in, so you told him. The walk to the room was longer than expected. The occasional beeping, loud machines, but most of all Ben's quiet footsteps echoing through the halls.

But you eventually both got there and Ben helped you stand up but that wasn't much help for your legs gave up immediately. It almost felt like your whole body was giving up on you. But you didn't want to so you at least wanted walk towards your bed. Ben was helping you, but it wasn't much help. Your body felt weak and extremely exhausted. Your eyes watered a bit realizeing what was happening to you. It was frightening to imagine what would happen.

Ben then just carried you to your bed as you hid your face in your hands. You were sat up in bed as you looked at your legs. But you then felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't worry (Y/n), there's always tomorrow"

His warm smile that he gave you felt like there was still hope left. So you didn't want to give up yet. You laid back as your eyes closed swiftly after.

Ben sat in a chair waiting for you to wake up. The shallow breathing of body seemed almost fake. But as the night went on Ben slowly dozed off as well. Waiting for tomorrow to see you again but somehow he never got too.