Memories

A loud beeping sound awoke Ben. He nonchalantly opened his eyes as he looked over to you. Breathing but almost like you were trying too. You kept gasping heavily for air, as you clutched the sheets of the bed.

"(Y-Y/n)-" his voice hoarsely came out. He stumbled over to you but doctor's came rushing in, pushing him out of the way. He wanted to call out to you but everything was happening so fast. His head felt like it was tearing him apart.

Before he knew it he was running out of the hospital. The snow making him sink down with each step. He was shaking as he breathed heavily for air. Running through the woods feeling trapped. Everything was falling apart as more tears came out then before.

He grew ever closer to the river and fell on his knees once he got there. It felt lonely, loneliness it surrounded him. He didn't feel the same as before.Almost like a part of him left. Then he could hear the loud beeping in his ears or maybe his mind.

The beeping the loud noise that made him sick.

He screamed for it wouldn't stop, the horrible memory to keep replying itself. He then looked at the river once more as it started to go away. That's when he felt warm arms wrap around his shoulders. It felt relaxing compared to everything that had happened. He looked to the side only seeing a glimpse of you.

"Sorry, I couldn't last until
tomorrow."

He faintly heard you say those words and the warmth around his shoulders turned cold. Just like everything else that he'd done with you.

"How come you're crying?"

"Maybe I'm sad"

"Of course I won't forget you, we'll always be together"

"But will I forget you"

"please let go of me"

"I had no choice"

"I won't"

"Liar"

"Sorry, I couldn't last until tomorrow.

"As long as you wait for me there"

As Ben looked back at the river he remembered all those memories he shared with you. Yet as he left they all seem to vanish, while the sun shines it's bright light on the snowy ground. Ben leaves the river but without you.

The End.