i should've bought you flowers and held your hand

"...thank you, sensei. I'll continue watching over him until he's awake."

The door was slowly shut, leaving Koushi and his companion some peace and quiet. Sugawara took his time to peel his eyes open, enjoying the lightness he felt when he was half-asleep.

Now that he's fully awake, he feels like utter shit.

The breeze coming from the window beside him felt so cold, and the whole room was surrounded by white that it made him regret opening his eyes.

He regrets waking up in general.

"Ah, Suga. You're awake."

He closed his eyes again and smiled genuinely. You can hear the relief coming from his friend's huge sigh. Suga can't help but feel like he was a pain in the ass every time he hears his friend sigh from relief.

"Asahi..." The way he said his best friend's name sounds so pitiful. He was always so dependent on Asahi since they were in their first years. Asahi cares so much about him that Suga had cried about it before.

Asahi understood Sugawara from the way he said his name. He heard it so many times that he's accustomed of what to do next.

Asahi stood up and reached for two glasses of water. He gave one to Suga and sat at the end of the white hospital bed.

"How are you feeling, Suga?" Asahi started off with a careful question. He met Suga's eyes and smiled, making the question seem like it was just for the sake of having a conversation.

"Your biology classmate explained everything. He saw you shaking and breathing heavily, and you were crying at that time so he thought that you were having an asthma attack and shouted for help.

Daichi was nearby and helped you right away, but by then you were unconscious so he carried you all the way here to the nurse's office. Michimiya was with the two of them, too, and she was the one who called me here.

All of them were worried sick, but only one person was allowed to stay and watch you. I volunteered first. Daichi insisted, but I jokingly told him that he can't miss Math or else he won't be able to catch up."

Suga nodded and took a sip from his water. He can't help but feel a bit glad that Daichi was the one who carried him here, but the foolish thought made him feel ashamed of feeling that way. He's so pathetic and awful for even thinking like that. Daichi doesn't deserve someone like me. He deserve's someone like Michimiya -- the ecstatic, beautiful, and optimistic Michimiya Yui.

"Suga, you're thinking too much."

Suga was forced to chuckle even though he didn't want to waste more energy. I can't make Asahi worry anymore. "I'm not thinking!"

"I know what you look like when you start to think about something."

"Hmm, yeah, it's just that my head is still aching you know?" Suga lied and massaged his temples, making it seem that he was telling the truth.

Asahi didn't buy it, though.

Asahi has been with him since they first met at the gym where the volleyball club was happening. He noticed the way Suga adored Daichi, though never let his feelings out in the open too much. Azumane wasn't educated as much when it comes to romance, still, he recognize those kinds of actions. Suga treated Daichi the way Daichi treated him, although he lets his hands linger around Daichi more often than not. Suga is always the one who worries about Daichi more than anyone.

["Daichi-san!!!" Tanaka exclaimed as he started to run to Daichi. Everyone followed Tanaka right away when they saw Daichi, all relieved to see him standing at the doors. His face was bruised and swelling, nonetheless, that defeated look of not being able to support his team says that he's okay.