hold me in your arms

It seems too funny to think that this is our last day to wear our uniforms -- the uniforms that we wear almost every day. Most students wish to have more freedom of wearing any clothing they want to school. Same old uniforms aren't really appealing to the eyes.

We weren't expected to use uniforms for the rest of our lives either, but the feeling of wearing these uniforms on the last day of school leaves such hollowness inside of us third years. Three whole years of wearing the same uniform almost every day, and suddenly bringing it to an end because of moving to another, yet cruel, stage of life.

I've grown too fond of this school.

It was blazing hot in the gym where the ceremony was happening. It was two times as hot as it usually is since each student has brought their guardian/s for the ceremony.

Despite the heat, the whole gym was oozing with excitement.

Our emotions are everywhere. Sadness, because we would have to part ways with our juniors. Nervousness, because we're going to another hell called university and are officially representing a new batch of adults. And, of course, pride, because Karasuno High School participated in nationals.

Thus, our ceremony ended and the students were to sing their school anthem and a sappy departure song.

The team suddenly huddled up out of nowhere, the second years dragging the dejected first years along with them. Suga was sobbing by then. He keeps wiping his eyes and nose to at least look decent in front of his teammates.

Asahi, the big teddy bear he is, silently cried. His tears kept pouring from his eyes, yet you can only hear a sniffle or two.

Daichi was laughing at the two third-years. You couldn't miss the few tears coming from his eyes, though.

Kiyoko's glasses were no longer on her face and her makeup is smudging from all the tears that she was trying to wipe.

The rest of the volleyball team couldn't help but cry along with their seniors. The usual loud ones are the quiet ones this time. Tanaka and Nishinoya stood there, their hands curled into fists while wiping their tears. Hinata, Kageyama, and Yachi are also in the same situation, but with more sobbing.

Ennoshita, Kinoshita, and Narita were crying happy tears, but you could tell that they're trying to act tough.

Tsukishima also managed to look so sad in the situation, although he wasn't crying. Yamaguchi wasn't, but when he saw everyone crying, he ended up crying, too.

Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei decided to join in with tears in both of their eyes.

With no one expecting it, the whole team did their last call and placed their hands in the middle.

"Karasuno..." Daichi, the captain, started.

Everyone raised their hands in the air. "...fight!"

The whole gym applauded and cheered for the volleyball team and the success they brought into the school.

--

Suga chose to wander inside the school instead of going back home with his parents. He tried making up an excuse for hanging out alone in the school, but he ended up with telling them that he was doing his last rounds anyways. They understood the feeling of nostalgia after all.

The school is empty except for a few students doing the same thing he's doing. The classrooms are all tidied up, too. There are no books or bags in sight. It felt so boring to him like the whole place wasn't so messy just a few hours ago. The school is preparing for a new school year after all.