ILY

We sit at the table and she begins to speak. I try to listen, but my mind wanders off somewhere else.
"I'll kill him. I'll kill him just for you. Tell me when." She mumbled, with a rough growl in her voice. I sip my green tea, and tears pour down my cheeks.
"I'm..so tired.." I manage to whisper.
She looks up at the expensive antique clock her grandmother bought her. Her eyes widen, but only a bit.
"You should sleep. Its morning already.." She says, trying to be calm.

But I know she's worried about me.

I know she wants to hold me close,
But I don't know if I'm ready to trust another living being again.

As I got up, she tugged on the sleeve of my blue sweater. I stop, but I don't make eye contact.

"Polaris..don't think that I'm not proud of you for finding a guy you like. Even if he didn't..actually like you back." She said.

Even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, it was the most genuine thing she's said to me, other than those compliments and pickup lines she uses to hit on me.

I blushed, as she said the exact words I've been wanting to hear for the longest time.

The words he never said to me.

"I love you, Polaris.." She whispered sweetly.

I sat down again, but closer to her. Wrapping my arms over her shoulders. I cried heavily, but I made sure she could understand what I want to say next. She placed a large hand on my back, staying quiet.

"I love you too, Spencer."