Scout: No One Else's

Scout made it a point you were his the first day you stepped into the boundaries of the 2Fort. You acknowledged this as you did admit, he was pretty charming and good looking to begin with. He saved your butt a couple of times, throwing flirtatious jokes at you whenever he likes. You didn't mind his antics even if this flustered you all the more. Everyone else knows you two were probably together. But you haven't made it a point that he was yours.

So whenever Ms. Pauling came for monthly inspections and reports on the team, you couldn't help but feel a tint of jealousy rush through you as Scout eyes her. You knew Ms. Pauling had been working with the men longer than you were. You knew Scout likes her as well. And you convinced yourself that you were not going to lose him.

It was the day that she would come. Ms. Pauling was nice to you, of course, being the only girl on the team, she had a soft spot for you and you for her. You guys both respected each other. Even she knew Scout was yours but she couldn't stop Scout from gawking at her.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man." Scout says to himself as he tied the last of his shoelaces in a hurry, seeming he overslept for a couple of minutes.

"Come on, Scout, we're going to be late." You said, holding the door of his room open until he was finished.

"I'm comin'," he replies, finally getting the knot done. "Thanks for waiting for me, babe."

And with that, you both proceeded into the lobby. Everyone was lined up. Seems that you two were the only ones left. "Get in line, maggots!" Soldier exclaimed as Ms. Pauling finally came in the room with a clipboard in her arm.

"Nice to see you again, ______." Ms. Pauling started since you were the first in line next to Scout.

"Likewise." You replied, giving her a small smile.

"What's up, Ms. Pauling?" Scout suddenly butted in, giving her a wink. You and Ms. Pauling both rolled your eyes and pretended not to hear him.

"Your records are great, _______." Ms. Pauling turned back to you. "Keep this up and you might rank first in the leaderboards."

"AW, YES." You exclaimed.

"'Might', mon cheri... 'Might'." Spy chuckled at the middle of the line. He just has to be 1st in the leaderboards right now.

"Da, Spy is first!" Heavy happily added, his husky voice echoing through the room.

"O.... K, then." Ms. Pauling coughed, returning her attention back to the report. "Scout--"

"Yeah, sweet cheeks?" Scout said.

You sharply inhaled and shut your eyes. That was it. This was annoying the hell out of you. You held your breath and stomped your way out of the lobby, going back to your room next to Scout's. Everyone was silent and shocked. But no one could ever be more confused than Scout himself. Everyone else just seem to look at Scout even when you were already out of the room.

"You dog gone done it, mate." Sniper said, lowering his hat.

"Yooou worthless scum!" Soldier huffed. "GIVE ME A LAP, MAGGOT."

"What? What the hell did I do?!" Scout questioned, getting annoyed as well at the fact that everyone just seems to blame him that you stormed out all of a sudden.

"Tiny man should apologize to leetle gurl." Heavy added, crossing his arms in disappointment.

"Hudda hrr." Pyro seconded the motion.

"Are you seeing this right now?" Scout said, looking at Ms. Pauling like this was just an illusion.

"Heavy's right, Scout. Go after her..." the wise Spy suddenly said. "... Or I will."