Engineer: A Quick Fix

"No, no, no, no, no," you murmured to yourself over and over, kneeling on the floor as you tried numerous times to flick on the switch of your most beloved item. "Don't give up on me now!"

You only it dropped once.... For today, at least. Oh, who are you kidding? It's a miracle this thing even lasted you this long knowing how careless you are. But it wasn't completely your fault, right? I mean, it's not your fault it keeps rolling away from your dresser every single time you wanted to use it.

It's a miracle none of the team members even know you had this thing.

"Oh come on, I just changed your batteries!" You grunted, denial reeking of your words as you finally sat down on your bed. "Work, damn it!"

And that was it. No whirring sound, no vibrations, no nothing. You wouldn't be sleeping soundly tonight knowing you just ruined your one and only private comfort in your time of need. Yes, that's right. Your very own dildo would be dilDON'T from now on.

You bit your lip and gripped your motionless item in your hand, sighing. There was a moment of silence that should have been broken by now by your own breaths of pleasure. Suddenly, your mind brightened up.

He could help you with this. No, you were sure he would be disgusted at the thought of it. Then again, you are immensely desperate at the moment. He would probably understand, right?

You mentally slapped yourself.

Psh, just sneak into his room and borrow his stuff and fix it yourself! Duh. No one would even know.

You huffed and nodded to yourself, looking at the clock on your dresser to see it was 11:36pm. Yes, he's probably down in the kitchen having a late night snack at this moment. You could move now. Just a quick fix.

Yes. You were going to borrow Engineer's wrench tonight and fix your dildo yourself.

You stood up from your bed, going barefoot outside the hallway with your item in hand. You looked left and right and seemed that the coast was clear. Yes, you were going to be a spy for tonight. A barefoot spy in a nightgown with a malfunctioned dildo as a weapon. Seems pretty legit.

Seemingly avoiding the moonlight and completely sticking to the shadows, you passed by Heavy's room, Demoman's, and the Scout's, snores and mumbles occasionally making you jump. And with the last creak of the wooden floor, you had found yourself in front of Engineer's door. Hesitantly, you pressed an ear to the door. Silence. Perfect.

You opened the door and found yourself questioning your somewhat simple yet not-so-well-thought-out plan. You're here anyway so you might as well just do it. Closing the door with care, you quickly scanned the room for that single wrench the Engineer always uses.

Numerous types of screws, tools, scrap metal, and parts littered the floor on one side of the room, while the other had the occasional bed, dresser, closet and chair in the other, not a ruffle in sight. It was like you were in two separate rooms, both representing the Engineer's organized yet carefree personality. And here you are mucking about in it.

As you moved passed the somewhat level 1 sentry on standby, you saw that unmistakable wrench on the table atop some blueprints at the far end of the room. Your heart skipped a beat, thanking fate that he left his wrench so conveniently in the room. As your hand grabbed the holy wrench, you now faced a new problem. How are you going to fix it?

You saw Engineer just haphazardly banging his wrench at the toolbox and everything just automatically assembled. You wondered if one simple clink of the wrench against your dildo would do just the trick. Humming quizzically at yourself, you did just that. Surprisingly, it started vibrating. It took a part of your soul to not shout in victory at your deed. But that one moment of happiness was filled with dread when you hear voices in the hallway.