Gates of Heaven

Before I try to wake him up, I observed how much he looks like an angel. He has the same air as we do, and his morals are very commendable that they surpass even mine. His best asset is his honesty with things and his ability to think problems over. I know I haven't known him that long, but I get the feeling like I was meant to meet him here. As if he was part of my mission, although that is impossible. He's human, and I don't have forever to be a human, and even as I am tentatively one, I can't lose my divinity.

I love earth, but heaven will always be my home, and nothing can change the fact that I miss the blissful days that I always have up there. No sorrows, no worries, no drama that humans always have.

"Hey." I shook him lightly and he stirred a bit, but not enough to wake him up. "Hey, Stephen. It's late. You better get home." His eyes were squinting as he tried to open them. He didn't seem to realize who I was at first, so he blinked his turquoise eyes twice.

"Oh. Hey. Good Morning, sunshine," he said and smiled showing those attractive dimples.

"Don't hey me. Go home. It's like midnight, and what on earth are you doing here?" I asked.

"It's already that late? Uhh. Nothing. I was just worried because you weren't answering my calls or messages, I thought maybe something happened to you, so I came over. But then, you weren't here so I decided to wait. I thought you went to the doctor or something." He told me as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"And you think its wise to stay out this late?" I arched my eyebrows at him.

"Same goes to you. Shouldn't you be in bed because of yesterday?"

"Ugh. Whatever. I'm fine. I even went out on a picnic with my siblings, that's why I wasn't here. Now go back to your house and sleep there, not on my front door. I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?"

"You could have at least replied to one of my messages. And -- Oh, nevermind. You sure, you're okay?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes Captain braniac. I'm even better than any other day that I've been in Celestial Cove. Now, go home."

"Yes ma'am. Good night Astrid."

"Godd night. And thanks."

"Not a problem." Then he gave me one of his smirks. "Go on inside. I'll wait until you get in before I go home."

"Na-uuh. Not gonna happen. I'm like 5 feet away from the door, and you? You're miles away from yours, so go on." I told him standing my ground and crossing my arms.

"But-" I glared at him. Hopefully it looks scary enough so that he'd go home. He shruged and I knew then that I won. "Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." He turned around and walked toward his car.

"Alright. You take care." He just waved at me and I waited for him to get inside his car. He revved up his car and went on the driveway, but then, he stopped just right in front of me and rolled the windows down. I gave him a "what" look.

"Oh nothing. Just taking one last look at you." I wasn't able to answer him back because right after he said that, he sped up and went home.

I arrived inside my room and opened the windows a bit. I checked my phone and sure enough, I had 29 missed calls and 43 messages. I thought it was all from Stephen, but I was surprised to find out that it wasn't just from him, but also from my girlfriends and Drake and one unknown number. I assumed that the unknown number was from Matt because it gave me a message of "Thanks."

Before I sleep, I always go take a bath. Sort of like when I think things over and reflect. I remember when we first got here, I decided for myself that I'm not going to make any friends for the sake of not hurting them. Ha! Way to go, Astrid! No friends? You're even dating. Like what the hell am I thinking? Something is wrong with me. I can't behave like this.