Family

I was very happy with Ruby. She was very nice. She made me feel warm and safe inside. But things changed afterwards as we grew up. We distanced out. But I could never forget her beautiful smile.

A year passed and everything was fine. I was six now and Sammy was 1 year old now. He was growing up so fast that saddened me. I didn't want my little brother to know the truth. I didn't want him to live life like dad did. 

Dad had raised me like soldier and I didn't want that for little Sammy.

One day, dad had gone for hunting and I was there to take care of Sammy, Ally had gone for a holiday. But something had happened to dad that day. He was DIFFERENT.

I had gone out for few minutes for some supplies and when I returned dad was holding Sammy in his hand.

Dad looked at me furiously. he looked infuriated. I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. I didn't have any words to say.

Dad started saying, "Where were you, Dean?"

I stammered whatever I could, "To buy some supplies, dad."

Dad's eyebrow tightened.

"You left Sam here alone. Dean I didn't expect you to do such a thing. Haven't I taught you well."

"But-but"

"No buts, Dean."

Tears rolled down my face. Dad looked intensely at me and motioned me to come closer. At first I resisted but I knew I had to give in.

Dad hugged me. He cried on my shoulder for a little while.

"You know, Dean sometimes I feel insecure that I will lose you both. You are the only one I've got. I'm too afraid I'd lose you too, just like I lost your mother.

I know Dean you might think I'm too protective or something but its just I'm scared."

I asked timidly, "Scared of what, dad?"

"I don't know Dean. It's just that I am scared.

Promise me, Dean you'll be beside Sammy all your life and you'll protect him every second, every minute. Promise me, Dean"

"Dad just like I promised before, I'll always protect Sam. I'll never leave him."

"Don't let me down, Dean. You are the only ones I've left. Don't you let me down" *He choked and started crying*

I did not have the right words to say at that time. So, I just took Sam and hugged dad tightly and CRIED.