First day at Bobby's

Many months has passed and dad was at home for a few days. Finally dad was here for a few days atleast. It has been many years that I had a quiet and happy lunch with my dad. I couldn't remember what it felt it like. It was really very nice to know that DAD WAS HERE FOR ME NOW.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I heard my dad scream from the living room.

"Dean! Where the heck are you?"

"Dad! I'm watching TV."

He walked into the room like a raging bull or a hungry lion looking for its prey. I sprang up from the couch and saluted like a sergeant.

"Dean aren't you supposed to look after Sammy"

"But dad he's sleeping."

"Oh i'm sorry Dean. It's just that I'm feeling a little paranoid after what happened to your mom."

A tear strolled down from his cheek. He wiped off his tear and faintly smiled at me. It was a relief because I couldn't see my father smile after mom's death. Suddenly, his phone rang which actually I feared that he would go but relieved that I would be spared from his constant screaming and scolding.

He had a short conversation and then he hung up.

"Dean I have to go. I'll drop you at Bobby's."

"Who's Bobby?"

"He's a hunter too. He'll take care of you well."

"Alright dad."

I quickly packed up my things and ran out of my room. Dad was already there with Sam. We quickly sat in the car. THe ride was a very long one. We finally reached there. All I could for miles were cars. Not even working but dumpster cars. It was all broken parts of cars.

When we drove through the pile of cars I could finally see a house. It was a relief to know I and Sam was not going to live in a dumpster. The house was also kind of in ruins. The plyboars were coming. But I didn't know it back then that it was the closest to home I'd have in my life.

We rang the bell.

A middle age man came to open the door. I guess he was Bobby Singer of whom Dad was talking about. He was wearing a cap which shadowed half of his face. His beard covered the lower part of his face. He wore heavy jacket like the jacket dad wore always.

Dad smiled and said, "Hello, Bobby. These are my boys. Dean and Sam. Say hello to uncle Bobby, Dean."

I said, "Hello uncle Bobby."

Bobby answered with a smile on his face, "Hello Dean. They are handsome little kids, John."

Dad said handing over Sam to Bobby, "Here. I'll be back in a few days. Take care of them."

And.......he left. Leaving us with a complete stranger. Someone I did not even know. We walked down a long lane and reached something that looked like a study room. It was all filled with rusty books and a fireplace behind the study table which seemed like it hadn't been lit for a long time. Everywhere there was dust.

He put Sam on the sofa just beside the table and looked at me.

"Hello, Dean. You must be hungry. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything."

He left the room. I looked around and finally there was something that interested TV. He came after a few minutes and handed over some peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some juice. The same to Sam.

I asked him, "Can I watch TV?"

"Yeah sure Dean. You can take Sam also if you like."

"No, he can stay here he'll want to watch the stupid kids cartoon."

When I started to walk towards the room where the TV was he stopped me and hugged. I didn't know what was happening but it was really awkward at that time.

Finally he said, "I'm sorry."

I was baffled. I didn't understand what he was saying.

"Sorry for what?"

"For growing up too soon. I'm sorry Dean. It's just that it pains me to see you make so many sacrifices for your brother."

"Umm....ok"

i didn't know what to say but the words just kept circling my mind afterwards.