Questions

A/N:

Thank you for 800+ reads on this. Hope you are liking it. Also, sorry this is going to be a short chapter. 

Happy reading xx

***

Dad had taught me the basics recently. It wasn't exactly the advice a dad should give to a child, but I was different from any normal child. From what I had gone through as a little child was enough to last a whole lifetime but unfortunately that wasn't enough, more had to come. But I was ready. Dad was getting me ready for it. It would be just dad, little Sammy and me against the world.

I was 8 now and Sam was 4 years old. This meant that the questions would start coming. Questions about Mom, questions about Dad. Questions that I didn't want to answer was slowly creeping up on me. I didn't really want Sam to know. I didn't want Sam to be dragged into hunting. So, I lied....

One day, Sam came up to me and asked the question I feared about, "Dean. What happened to Mommy?"

I was left paralysed I couldn't think of anything to say to a 4 year old. I couldn't actually tell the truth about what happened to mom.

So I replied, "Umm....Sam. Our mom died....." 

My voice slowly trailed off. I was fighting very hard to fight away the tears but I couldn't fight it. A tear slowly rolled down my cheek but i quickly wiped it off. I had to be strong for Sammy. But I couldn't hid it from Sam. Seeing me cry, He slowly walked towards me and I picked him up and he sat on my lap. Sam looked into my eyes and slowly whispered, "It's Okay."

I couldn't say anything so I cherished the silence between us.