Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love 

"You hate someone whom you really wish to love, but whom you cannot love. Perhaps he himself prevents you. That is a disguised form of love." 

-Sri Chinmoy 

"Alessia, scendere le scale." I stood up, and walked out of my room. It was going to be another one of those days; hot, humid, and boring. About five months ago we had moved from Italy to this boring hot place. It wasn't even fun here, there were no interesting people at all.

Author's note: The story will alternate between POV's and sometimes Alessia's POV will be in the form of a diary entry. 

Dear Diary, March 20th, 1935 

Hello diary today was another day. It seemed as if it was going to be another one of those days were my superficial brother would talk about himself and all the lovely ladies he's been courting, but I finally went somewhere besides the garden! I finally got to wear that corset dress that my mom got tailored especially for me. It was a little hot but fun.  

I also saw this 'boy', however when I walked over to talk to him, my mom grabbed me and whispered in my ear, "Alessia, non parliamo di 'servi' come loro, sono proibiti, io non voglio vederti parlare con loro è chiaro?" We do not talk to 'servants' like them, they are forbidden, I don't want to see you talking with them is that clear? But the boy I saw didn't seem like the servants, he had this aura, this look in his eyes that defined him from everyone else. Who is this mystery man?

Jimmy Fields POV: 

Today while I was walking around town, the newcomers who had been holed up in their mansion finally ventured out. They shouldn't have interested me, but their daughter, I think, enraptured me. She didn't seem like the other rich families' kids; she acted like everyone was equal. When my mom dropped her basket, the girl dared to walk over and pick it up...that is until her mom grabbed her and wrenched her away.  

This life was slowly eating me apart; I was 19, fully educated not to my parent's knowledge, and still in the same rural city of Springfield, Louisiana! But thankfully, for the first time in 19 years I was happy at the prospect that I finally had someone or something to captivate and interest me. She stood tall even though her mom pulled her away, and her body language said that even though her mom said one thing, she wanted and would do the complete opposite! 

Alessia's POV: 

The next day my mom and dad announced that they had business to take care of, and that if Adriano wanted to go we could go into town. So finally I would get a chance to meet Mr. Mysterious. Maybe I would get a chance to sneak away from my brother. "Adriano, can we go to town pleeaasse?" At first he shook his head no, but after I gave him the puppy dog eyes, I could see him visibly break down.

CHAPTER 2 

"There are those among us who are blessed with the power to save what is love by another, but are powerless to use this gift for love themselves. 

-Alicia Keys; Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart

"Yay! Thank you so much Ad." I walked out of the dining hall and up to my room. I was finally satisfied I would get a chance to meet that mystery man. I decided that I would were my purple gown, and my new bonnet I had gotten for my birthday.  

"Adriano, chiamare l'allenatore, ed essere pronto in dieci." Adriano call around the coach, and be ready in ten. I slipped 5$ into my purse and descended the stairway. 

Adriano POV: 

Uggh!!! I love my sister, but she was so annoying! I was in the middle of writing a love letter to my new love. I walked downstairs and signaled the butler to prepare the coach. I didn't know why she was so eager to go into town, there wasn't anything appealing there. "Alessia hurry up, we gots to go!!!" She descended the stairs and we slipped into the carriage.