Mission: Cinderella

Mission: Cinderella

"Agent Keyuna Adriano, report to HQ now."

I got up from the chair and propelled my 5'10 frame down the hallway to the meeting room. But before this goes on, let me tell you about myself. I am Italian, 18 yrs old, have brown hair, green eyes, and I am currently the youngest and best agent to grace the halls of B.W.I.T. Bolton West Intelligence Team. This agency was so top-secret that only the president and the secret service knew about it.

After acknowledging the 2 guards posted at the outside of the door, I walked into the room, and took a seat. I watched as the commander stood up and turned on the projector.

"Ok, your new mission is Operation: Cinderella. You will be "pretend" adopted by James Brooks. He wants you to follow up his step-daughters and new wife Shelby Brooks. He claims he has reason to believe that she is involved with the Cinderella murders. You will be dropped off today, and you must, and shall do everything to fit in, NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE, can know that you're an agent."

He gave me the details to my new mission, and I walked off to my room, to prepare. Apparently James believes that Shelby is involved with the murders because she set up the balls in which those 3 girls were killed...the Cinderella murders.

After I read through the brief, I grabbed my .40 caliber hand gun, and loaded it. I walked downstairs, and was greeted by the chief and James Brooks.

"So chief," said James, "This is the girl?"

"Yes, this is Keyuna Adriano, but from now on she shall be known as Rashelle Brooks, your new adopted daughter."

I grabbed my handbags, and walked out to the car with Mr. Brooks. I sat back, and waited out the ride. When we arrived I made sure to grab my hand bags and followed Mr. Brooks up to my room.

"Ok, Rashelle, dinner shall be at 8:30, but please come down by 8:00 I would like you to meet Shelby and the twins."

I unpacked my clothes, stuffing my hidden tools under the bed, and I just sat down on my bed relaxing until I heard the dinner bell ring. I locked my door with my key, and walked down to the den.

As I stepped in, an awkward silence descended upon the room.

"Shelby, Leah, & Cassidy, I would like you to meet the new member of our family, Rashelle."

I stood up from the small sofa, and acknowledged their presence with a slight nod. As soon as Shelby and James left, the twin sisters commenced to making snide comments as if I wasn't even there.

"OMG! Cassidy, we should call her gigantor, she's almost as tall as Derek whose 6'5."

"Yeah! Or alien face for her HUGE green eyes."

"Excuse me, instead of mocking me, why don't you go do something useful, like...oh I don't know....GET BRAINS!"

I left them with their mouths hanging down like flap jacks and went back up to my room. That probably had to be the most awkward dinner I had ever had in my life.

James POV:

After talking to Shelby about the arrangements, I called in Rashelle.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Call me dad, and I'm leaving for about a week, but if you need to reach me, I'll be free the whole time so send me updates, and call if I'm needed I'll be back Friday night."

"Ok si-dad."

After she left, I sat there contemplating the things that had happened. For some reason, I felt like I was betraying my family. But it was my duty to also protect people, if they were in my care. I left the room, and walked out to the limo to be driven to my penthouse in Monterey, CA, after saying my goodbyes.