1. I Have A Migraine

Treat you better

1. I Have A Migraine

Dean

Dean weaved his way through the crowded halls of his high school, his stomach flipping and turning.

Today, Cas had texted him saying to meet him at his locker. They always met at Dean's, so Cas probably had something important to say to him. Dean slid his phone out of his pocket, his eyes flicking from the screen to in front of him. His flannel shirt he wore was rolled down to the wrist, and he felt ashamed about it.

He saw a familiar head of brown hair and smiled. "Sammy!" Dean waved to him and Sam looked at Dean for a second before going on with his friends, who laughed. Dean frowned, confused. His heart chipped. Am I not good enough?

Dean pushed the negative thoughts lacing his mind away and made it to Cas. "Cas!" He smiled and pulled him in for a friendly hug. Although, Dean wished it was more. Cas awkwardly hugged back before pulling away. Dean hid his frown. Cas was never too shy to hug him, they were best friends, practically family.

Cas coughed into his hand. "So, um, Dean," Dean blinked and looked at Cas. His hand were shoved into his jean pockets, and he saw Cas' eyes linger at his shirt. He noticed. Dean's hear fluttered for a moment, knowing that Cas could notice the different things Dean did. "Yeah?" Cas bit his lip and looked at the ground.

"I want you to meet Josh."

Dean turned his head and finally noticed the guy casually leaning next to Cas' locker, his arm inching to drape around Cas' waist. "Is he a friend?" Dean dumbly asked, afraid that if he wasn't, his heart would break. Cas coughed awkwardly, his blue eyes not daring to meet Dean's green ones. "N-No, actually...this is why I wanted to meet at m-my locker..." Dean gulped and felt his heart rate accelerate quickly, his mind reeling.

"Dean, Josh is my boyfriend."

And just like that, Dean's heart cracked in two and fell into an abyss of pain and misery.

• • •

Dean laid in his bed as soon as he got home from school. It was awkward between him and Cas, even though it shouldn't be. And Josh kept tagging along, making Dean want to punch him face first into the ground.

A soft knock sounded from outside his door. "Dean?" Sam's muffled voice reached his ears. "Can I come in?" Dean contemplated getting up and unlocking the door, but his day was horrible and he didn't feel like looking at anyone. "No." He said stoically, surprising himself. It was silent, just his breathing being the only noise. "Alright. Well, dinner is ready."

Dean looked to see the clock beside his bed. 6:47. He sighed and looked at the ceiling. He was in bed for three hours. "I'm not hungry." Dean told Sam before rolling over on his side so his back faced the door. "I'm just tired..." He mumbled to himself, his chest aching with an unknown cause.

Sluggishly, Dean sat up and reached to his bedside table, swiping up his prescription bottle. He tilted out two pills and swallowed them dry, closing the lid and sitting it back on the surface. His eyes were half closed, so he laid back down and tugged his blankets over him, drowsiness taking over.

• • •

Dean woke up sweating and his face wet. He reached up and touched his cheek. He was crying. Dean blinked and wiped away the tears and drowsiness, sitting up and swinging his legs over the bed. He turned to the clock. 2:16.

He got up and unlocked his door, walking down the hall silently. His head pounded and his hand flew to his head. Dean staggered in the hallway, his right hand bracing the wall so he wouldn't fall. His left hand curled into a fist and he tugged at his hair, walking faster and less quieter to get to the bathroom.

He opened the medicine cabinet, rummaging through it, pushing bottles out of the way to get to what he needed. His vision blurred and he stopped, gripping the bathroom sink and letting his head hang. He bit his lip as he felt a tear roll down his face.

It hurt, having your heart ripped out.

•••

Hope you're enjoying the story so far.