Shockwave x Reader

I sit alone, staring at the stars, recognizing various ones. I place my servos behind me, propping myself up, helm leaned back.

It is only here, in the dark, alone, do I feel like myself. Not the weak femme of the autobots, but a smaller, more naive femme of Iacon. Spark full of hope and excitement, yearning to live to my extent.

All hope left my frame when Cybertron was destroyed. I immediately joined the autobots, wishing to flee to some unknown planet.

Sitting here now, I see why the humans have fought so hard to keep this small world of dirt. It is naturally beautiful, like Cybertron had once been.

I hear the faint sound of pedesteps, but don't bother to turn, already knowing the heavy steps.

"It is illogical that you are here."

The deep voice of my beloved rings through me. Twisting my helm to view him, I lightly grin.

"It is illogical that you followed me."

Shockwave, the emotionless scientist of the decepticons. He wasn't emotionless, only I know that, but he has an odd way of showing it. His emotion does not leak from a bot, you have to have known him for a large part of your function to understand the different emotions of the mech.

After a long moment of content silence, Shockwave finally asks,

"The autobots, do they suspect anything of your disappearances?"

Staring at the stars, I know that I am on the winning team, wishing to tell Shockwave. Although he is too loyal to his cause, to his leader. I know that I cannot avoid the inevitable, I simply shake my helm, enjoying the presence of the bulky mech.

"Join me Shockwave. Make the most of our time-"

The slight creak of metal tells me he has sat down, close to my side. Leaning my helm onto his bulky servo, I let out a soft vent.

"-while we have it."

+=+=+

"I don't think I can do this anymore."

Glancing over to him, I shift, placing my helm in my servos as I slump forward. Receiving only a questioning glare, I let out a small vent.

"I...I love you, Shockwave. I truly do."

Using my digit to wipe a small drop of coolant from my optic, I flick it away, watching it hit the ground.

"I can't fight against you at day, and love you at night, it is too much! It breaks my spark to know that one day... One of us will be offlined by the other."

Chestplate heaving, I control myself as Shockwave remains silent, red optic lighting the area.

"And if I were to be honest, I would rather have it be that way."

"I would rather have you offline me."

"Not my teammates, my friends... I would want you."

"So... I cannot do it anymore. Loving you. Not if you are to be my enemy."

"I see you on the battlefield, knowing that the only thing I truly wish to do is hold onto you until this all ends."

Avoiding his stare, I stand, staring out as the sun begins to rise.

"I wish you luck, Shockwave."

Kneeling back down, I ignore his piercing optic as I place a soft kiss to the bottom of his helm. Hesitating, I reluctantly pull away, straightening.

"I will alway love you. Your everything. But I cannot love this."

Walking away, I comm for a ground bridge, frowning as one appears in front of me. Taking a step into it, I let a drop of coolant plummet to the hard ground, leaving the only evidence that I had been there.

---

Shockwave continues to sit, optic unnervingly bright as he shakes his helm, a large vent coming from him.

The two had shared a type of 'forbidden love', if you could call it that.

It was never meant to happen.

But alas...

It did.

And so Shockwave decided, on that very night,

That he would see through to the end of the war.