Soundwave x Reader

Hearing a sharp crash once again, I peer cautiously over the ridge, gasping as a sword flies over my helm from the crossfire.

In front of me, two mechs stand, an Autobot and a Decepticon, each grappling over an oddly shaped weapon.

Servos twitching in nervousness, I peek around the rock once again, glancing down to the two mechs. Watching as the darker Decepticon gains a few hits, I gasp as the white Autobot strikes back, bringing them dangerously close to the edge of the thin rock they fight on.

Surroundings slowing to almost a halt, my optics widen as the white mech kicks the other off, falling slowly after him. Frame acting without thought, I hold in a scream as I dive, wind rushing past my frame as time slowly reverts back to normal.

Coming close to the two falling mechs, a flash of metal catches my optic, reaching out, I catch the small object of their desire.

Optics losing their worry, my frame twists as a thin line of metal comes from my hip-plating, latching onto the walkway far above.

Seeing the two continue to fight as they fall, I bring my servos ahead of me as I gain speed.

All in an instant, I grasp blindly, ripping them apart as the line suddenly catches, swinging us back and forth.

Taking a deep vent, I tug the added weight towards me as the line retreats back into my frame. Crashing loudly onto the hard ground, I clear my vents tiredly, struggling to my pedes.

Bringing my gaze up, I flinch back as the white mech strides forward, sword raised toward me.

Gasping, I cover my faceplate, stumbling backwards, tripping on my own pedes as I fall once again onto the ground.

Hearing a sharp clash of metal, I peek through my digits to see the Decepticon beat the Autobot away, thin servos swiping at him as he forces him away.

Looking down to my servos, I shake my helm, searching for the weapon, failing to catch sight of it, I groan in worry, digits twiddling together as I observe the continuing fight.

The darker one, being slowed by my catch, has less scrapes than the other, simply a sharp dent across his visor.

Optics widening in surprise as the white mech slams his servo into the other, I shift my weight, processor attempting to figure out how to end the battle.

Gripping my hip-plating, a small piece of line comes out, sharp claws open; ready to latch onto a new target.

Frowning, i bite my lipplates as I swing the line over my helm, tossing it forward.

Slightly off-aim, the line catches on the Autobot's pede. Tugging against the line, I strain against the weight as he goes off balance, falling to the other way to dodge a hit.

Retracting the line quickly, I prod forward as the Decepticon hovers above the other, blank visor glaring down at him.

All helms turning towards the sound of a groundbridge opening, I scream, quickly covering my mouth in fear as Autobots stream out, coming to aid their friend.

Straightening, the darker mech stares at the group, helm suddenly whipping over to face me.

Optics darkening in a vain attempt to hide against the rock wall, I scream in surprise as I am heaved up.

Not even noticing the mech come closer, I am heaved over a shoulderplate as Autobots fire.

Groaning in pain as a shock resonates through my frame, I glance back to my pede, smoking from the blast of a weapon.

"Hang on!"

Bringing my servo up, the line extends, quickly shooting upwards, grasping onto the same walkway the two had fought on earlier.

Flipping my frame, I bring my servos securely under his shoulderplates as we fly upwards.

Sharp winds crashing against my frame, I lightly smile, images of my past life on Cybertron flashing brightly.

Reaching the top, the line detaches as we continue moving upwards a small amount, quickly coming down onto the rock.

Glancing down, I laugh nervously, shaking myself off of him as I crawl over to the edge, watching as the Autobots retreat back into the groundbridge.

"Why- Help Soundwave?"

Helm swiveling around, I tilt my helm, humming in curiosity at his odd way of speaking. Coming to my pedes, I reach down, letting out a gentle smile as he hesitates slightly before reaches up, gripping onto my servo as he heaves himself up.

Avoiding his stare, I turn away, rubbing my servos as a heavy wind begins.

"I'm not sure why I helped you... You just... Seemed different from the others."

Venting heavily, I send an incredulous glance back towards him, walking over to stare up at the ridge I was perched on top of earlier.

"However, I'm sure that I was wrong. I almost always am."

Picking off the grapple from my waist, I toss the line up, optics dimming dark as it hitches successfully in a deep crack in the rock.

"Follow."

Humming in interest, I turn, optics widening in surprise as he lightly nods towards an opening groundbridge.

Glancing down, I part my lipplates, pausing as I think.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

Silent for a moment, I look up, seeing only the smallest movement of his shoulderplates as he lifts them in a shrug.

Narrowing my optics, I turn away, memories bouncing against my helm as I ponder my options.

Smirking, I nod my helm slowly, almost to myself as I tug my servo down, retracting the line as easily as it had been thrown.

Turning on my pedes, I hesitate in the entrance of the groundbridge, seeing him move slightly inside, slowly walking ahead.

Reaching back down to my hip plating, I gently toss the grapple, chuckling softly as it catches on his shoulderplating. Stilling for a small moment, his helm tilts slightly as he inspects, before continuing forward.

Tightening the line, I follow after, optics grazing the edges of his frame, attempting to memorize each dent and scrape.

I may not be able to trust him, but at least I can keep track of him.