Wheeljack x Human! Reader

Groaning against the beaten couch, I glance over to my close friend, Jack, as he versus a younger boy Rafael on some type of game.

I had only been out for a short walk, when I had gotten a call. When I had reached into my pocket, I was confused at first when I saw it was Jack, pressing the phone up against my ear, I heard nothing for a long moment.

Then, a loud crash, and a sharp shout. Hearing the sound come through the phone as well, I pulled away, gasping when I saw the scene in front of me.

Jack backing away from a gigantic robot! Some mechanical man of sorts prowling towards him, sharp fingers opened as he grabbed at Jack.

Having only one choice, I reached down to my side, pulling out my small gun, a simple pistol.

Bringing the alien's head into sight, I took a deep breath, then shot with a soft exhale.

Clutching at his eye, he somehow morphed into a racecar, speeding away.

And now here I sit, arms flailed out behind me as I lounge, unused to remaining completely still for such a long time.

Oddly understanding of the entire situation, what with metal-based aliens coming to our planet to rage war over their life-source, it is all normal.

Nudging at my pistol, I grin at its dark appearance, the various scrapes hidden under the galant shine. Having saved my life more than once, this weapon is my first choice, holding a spot dear to my heart.

At the moment, everybot has dispersed,      leaving to 'investigate an energon signal', which from what I've learned, is another bot.

Leaning forward, I tap my chin, glancing towards my younger friends as they do their own activities, content with sitting still.

Sighing heavily, I perk up, remembering a small moment from the tour of the base.

The training room, where the bots would prepare for battle and mock-fight with one another. Shaking in delight when I had seen it, I knew that was the room I would mainly stay in.

The spare weapons there amazed me, while they were downgraded to be non-lethal, I grew astonished as I realized while it may just cause a scrape to a bot, it could completely crush a human!

Standing from the couch, I slink away from the others, avoiding making any noise as to make sure no one could bother me during my trip.

Striding confidently across the floor, I quickly reach the training room, edging into the doorway, my eyes lock onto the weapons across the expansive room.

Jogging over, my lips curl upwards in a rare smile as I slowly trace the seams of a large baton-like club.

Tugging the weapon down, I grimace as it thuds down, creating a sharp noise with it. Hesitating a moment, I sit down next to it as I hear no sounds of anything approaching.

Continuing to trail my hands along the club, I sigh deeply.

Imagine if I could be one of them... I could be so strong, so-

Beautiful, that's what they were. They each hold a certain elegance with them that I have never seen with anyone of my species. In the short time I have been here, I have already grown to envy them.

Imagine their advances in technology! In weapons, specifically. So many possibilities with their strong bodies, able to support extremely heavy weapons that would otherwise sink into the ground if left with a human. The weapon able to become a part of their body, simply molding into it.

"And who is this?"

Swiveling around at the unknown voice, my hand immediately reaches for my gun, holstered at my waist.

Eyes trailing up the new bot in the room, I narrow my eyes, sensing a sense of smugness from him.

"I could ask the same of you."

His own bright blue eyes squinting slowly, he begins to speak, being interrupted by Optimus.

"WheelJack, this is one of our human friends, (Y/N). (Y/N), this is WheelJack, a fellow Autobot."

Scoffing, I cross my arms as I avoid glaring at the new bot, 'WheelJack'. Something about him seems off, the wave of superiority practically radiating off of him.

"WheelJack, I will leave you to explore the rest of the base, on your own accord."

Nodding towards his leader, he shifts his vision back to me as Optimus leaves. Already crouching beside the fallen baton, continuing to glare at it in envy.

Muttering softly, I come closer, prodding the edge as I ponder.

"Maybe a type of ranged weapon here, at the end. Just the right length... Instead of bullets or fatal material, maybe a type of... Venom? Paralyzing maybe, yes that would be nice..."

Hearing the thundering crash of footsteps, I glance over my shoulder, quickly bringing it back in front of me.

"What did you say?"

Scowling, I sigh, standing cautiously as I peer up at WheelJack.

"I was thinking about the possibility of adding a long-ranged weapon in this baton. Normally with humans I would name a poison that could slow the target, but I know nothing of Cybertronians, or even if it could work!"

Humming lowly, he shifts his weight, smirking.

"You could probably do that, would it be inside or outside of the...'Baton'?"

Creative mind taking over, I rattle off my ideas, craving the release of energy.

"Inside preferably, think about it. Fighting something and they try to escape-Ha! Think again, poisonous dart in your back!"

Thick metal eyebrows raising, he smirks, before letting out a deep laugh.

"I guess you're not so bad after all, for a human."

Enthusiastic attitude vanishing, I frown, staring at my feet. Letting silence fill the room for a long moment, the shifting of metal causes me to speak, a sharp self-hatred in my eyes.

"I hate it. Being human is awful! We are so weak, so-incompetent compared to your kind! Cybertronians have had millions of years to observe the expanses of time and space- of love and war, or intelligence and weapons! All of my ideas go to the trash simply because a normal person cannot carry it."

Biting my lip, the cold metallic taste of blood causes me to growl, turning back to the baton.

"I am weak. My kind are weak, and far too conceited to improve themselves. Our planet is doomed... Just as your's was."

Stilling slightly, I ignore the uncomfortableness in the room as he strolls closer, large body in the corner of my vision as he stares at the various scattered weapons.

"Was? Cybertron is dead, all because of the wars we caused."

Nodding slowly, a mournful smile comes to my face as I stand, arms crossed over my chest.

"Cybertron is not dead, simply waiting. This world is waiting to die, to shrivel just as Fate decides it. But your's... Your's is simply pausing itself, quieting for just enough time for you to realize a lesson. And one day, that lesson will bring your homeworld back to you, scarred and scathed to remind those insightful enough that from mistakes come lessons."

Hesitantly reaching out, I place a hand on his leg, peering up. Large blue eyes flickering down to the scars littered down my uncovered arm, he frowns.

"We all learn, but sometimes we just need someone else to remind us that."