Different [9]

Aphamu woke up early, a slight headache hitting her.  She sighed, sitting up.

She noticed that Katelyn was still asleep, so she silently starts to get ready, slipping into her clothes.

She finds herself looking in the mirror, staring at herself. Aphmau felt different, maybe it was because of the night before. But she found herself looking in the mirror differently.

She starts to do her hair, but pauses. There's a boost of confidence that runs through Aphmau, and she decides to leave it down, before continuing on with the rest of her routine.

Katelyn woke up, to drowsy to notice anything, eating breakfast with her and also getting ready for their day.

•••

"I can't believe you wanted to stay here for a little while longer." Katelyn said in surprise.

"Yeah."

"Why is your hair down?" Katelyn finally noticed, tilting her head.

Aphmau flinched at the question. "Uh, I just wanted to try something new."

"So no braids? Or a ponytail? Or anything?" She asked.

"You're full of questions today." She smiled.

Aphmau spotted a familiar blonde in the distance. She smiled, seeing him and some girls surround him.

"Go ahead." Katelyn said, happily sighing.

Aphmau hugged her and walked toward the tall figure.

Garroth recognized her and dismissed the crowd that was surrounding him. The girls started to give Aphmau glares.

"Hello, love" he smiled.

"Hello prince Garroth." She gave a curtesy.

"No need for that." He winked. "Garroth will do just fine."

"As you wish."

"I like you hair today, Jessica." He smiled.

"Thank you."

"I'll see you later." He said smoothly, casually walking away from the two of them.

Aphmau gave a nod before leaving. Trying something different did pay off. Maybe she should wear her hair down more often.

•••

"Okay, I know something that I don't know about is going on between you two." Katelyn finally says, as they returned to their room.

"I mean," Aphmau smiles a little bit, feeling her cheeks head up. She told Katelyn briefly about the night before, hoping that she wouldn't flip her lid.

"I don't even know what to say to that." Katelyn laughed in disbelief.

"Okay it's not my fault, he was all smooth and he slow danced with me," Aphmau replied, trying to find an excuse on why she swooned. "And... and he was like, I don't know."

Katelyn could tell she was flustered, but the idea of it ran through her mind, with so many ref lights and flags showing up.

"But he's a prince... and you're-"

Aphmau cringed and winced a little bit, stopping what Katelyn was going to say mid sentence. "Yeah, yeah I know. It would never work."

Katelyn rolled her eyes. Looking at her best friend with a smug look, "But you're going to go and try it anyway, aren't you?"

There was a silence, it was Katelyn waiting for an answer, and Aphmau contemplating one. "Um, no."

"That's the worst I've ever seen you lie." Katelyn laughed. "You're going to fall for him, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Aphmau smiled.  "Whatever."

She smiled because,

She knew it was true.

A/n short chapter sorry :)

Edit: I changed up this chapter completely because I think this will work better for the plot LOL.
-Kyree

Royal or Loyal? [A garmau AU] ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें