Finding Home: Loving Home

Chris and Katrina in the MM

Chris' POV [two weeks later]

Rolling over I found my phone ringing under my pillow and sighed it had been doing this the last two days and had been pissing me because the number looked like some type of bill collector. Finally answering my phone for the first time I heard an automatic voice and pulled the phone from my ear when I had a familiar whine. "Mr. Chris! Why you not answering you phone? I gon beat you beat now!" Ryder yelled making Katrina stir.

After dropping them off two weeks ago Katrina made is her responsibility to visit them whenever she could and the courts saw no problem so no family relatives or next to kin showed up after what had happened. That shit still bugged me out.

Grabbing Ryland as Katrina picked Ryder, we both walked towards the police department where we were supposed to drop them off at only Ryder work up once a deputy grabbed.

I heard a scream and almost pulled my piece out until I remembered we were in front of the police and it was a cop who was about to be smoked. Sighing I rubbed my beard and looked at Ryder, "take her real quick Katrina. Can I see her fo a minute ma'am? " Rolling my eyes I took Ryder from the officer and walked back over to the causing Katrina to look at me confused. Giving her a finger to motion wait, she nodded and Ryder calmed down.

"Ryder why you doing all that crazy screaming? I know you know how to uses yo words, you was talkin mad shit up in the car. What's up ma?" I asked trying to avoid the eyes she had like Ryland.

It was mad weird how they looked so much alike from the curls on their head on down. The only difference was Ryder's face was fatter and shorter while Ryland had a longer oval shape.

Wrapping her hands around my neck and laying her head on my shoulder, Ryder looked bavk over to Ryland and Katrina before shaking her head and turning the other way, "I miss mommy and daddy say the police bad. I saw the where the hurt him and mommy." Nodding I looked back to Katrina licked my lip before thinking some more.

It was clear they ain't wanna trust nobody beside Katrina and I but, I truly did belive if it hadn't been for my car these girls would've kept going. "You like deals Shoota?" I asked as she giggled at the nickname I'd given her. "You go with them and be good, then Ms.Katrina and I will see about bringing you and Ryland some ice cream and cookies." her thick eyebrows rose in excitement and she clapped.

Ryder struggled to leave my grip but I kept her in place because she hadn't answered me yet. "Mr. Chris I be good and you and Ms.Katrwina bring ice tream and cookies please?" nodding my head she smiled and I let her down.

Ryland had been sleep when a new deputy came out to take her from Katrina and I saw Ryder's hand reaching out for Ryland's. Walking back over to Katrina I sighed and rubbed a hand over my head. "Do we gotta go give our statement or," shaking her head Katrina placed her hands behind my back.

"nah, that's what the other officer came down here for. He took Ryland and said something in Portuguese. I hope someone get's to them fast."

Not saying anything I placed a hand into my pocket and walked to my truck. Not even with one foot in I heard a scream and knew it was one of the girls. Being that Ryder and I had made a deal about behavior I was pretty sure it was Luh ma screaming. Shaking my head I shut the truck door and started it up turning some music on to drown Ryland's cries.

***

Laughing at Ryder's serious tone, I pulled the phone away from my ear and yawned. "Shoota that ain't nice luh girl. Where Luh mama at doe?" sitting up fully awake, my eyes scanned the room and I noticed Katrina was gone.