Zodiac Problems

(This is still the same story but it's the backstory!!! I will be doing chapters like this to explain their childhoods and how they survived. If any confusion occurs speak up and I'll break down everything.)
Five years later

Ryland and Ryder ran from the store they had just robbed and turned a corner causing them to bump into an older boy.

The girls had been use to stealing the food they ate along with anything else they wanted, in Topeka everything they did was normal. Far from the large city they were birthed in Ryland and Ryder had made it a long ways from home. Being street smart had helped the girls a lot since neither attended school and made no efforts in trying, they survived Topeka by hiding throughout the night and stealing during the day.

Looking at the food that surrounded to little girls, Joquan studied them some before his brain clicked. He'd seen the girls on his milk cartoon along with morning papers many of times to know it was Ryland and Ryder Carter. The girls who had been missing for five years that decorated most of the have you seen me now's around town. The reward for turning them in was huge and Joquan could use the money to payback a drug dealer he had taken a loan from.

Looking to his friends who were seconds away from jumping on the little girls and stealing their food, Joquan ushered for them to calm down, "y'all need to chill here. Dat's dem girls Ryan and Riley from the news papers and milk cartoons. Dey worth twenty g's if we turn dem in. Think we could pay back Mafia and have a little fo ourselves. How we pose to turn them in?" Joquan asked as one of his friends laughed.

Confused Joquan looked around turning to find out what was funny, "how bout catching em first JoJo. Dem girls track stars I know you seen em running into you. Yo fat ass can't run." the boy snickered as the other two boys laughed as well.

Rolling his eyes Joquan began to jog trying to see where the girls had went, "keep laughin' but, Mafia not only gon kill me. Y'all ass goin down too. Now help me catch em."

Ryland and Ryder had ran into a dead end stopped to catch their breaths. Both had grown a lot from their five and three year old frames. Ryland was now ten and Ryder was eight. Both girls had been taller than before but, Ryland grew a lot more than Ryder. The sun had darken Ryland's skin a bit more as Ryder stayed the same color. The hair on their heads had been long and curly in it's normal state as it always was. You'd think being homeless stopped the girls from being healthy but it did the opposite: both were in good shape from all the running and neither suffered from starvation.

Robbing stores for their meals kept them in good condition with all the running they managed. "Ryland stop being loud before they hear us and do something bad." Ryder wheezed feeling her lungs constrict as she hid behind a dumpster with her sister.

Nodding Ryland held onto Ryder's body with her arms wrapped around her, breathing loudly trying to calm her heart. Before Ryland could respond the boys from early had reappeared and Ryland watched their feet get closer.

"Fuck! Keimon if you would'a said some'em earlier we could'a had dat money. You betta figure out how we gon pay Mafia back." One of the four boys shouted causing Ryder's breathing to increase.

Scared Ryland shook her sister and wrapped a hand over her mouth, "stop Ryder you're gonna get us caught. Be quie–" Ryland couldn't finish her sentence because she was snatched from behind the dumpster with Ryder.

Her mind began racing as Ryder started screaming and trying to fight the boy who held her arms. "Ry stop and be good. Don't talk okay?" Ryland coached as the boys studied the sisters.

Joquan studied their features and smiled when he was sure they'd been the missing girls. The older one had almond shaped eyes that slanted in with a longer face and darker skin,
while the youngest girl had football shaped eyes with lighter skin and a shorter face. Everything was pretty much the same except for that mentioned and the eyebrows; Ryland's were thicker and Ryder's were longer.