Chapter Two [V.o.R]

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
___

'Red, blue, orange...'

Colors were the only things describable in Ryland's drugged mind. Her face felt as if she'd been sleeping on feathers, her vision not reliable: for the false images presented front of her proven to be unreal figments of her overworked imagination. She hadn't remembered a time where this had not been what she deemed an acceptable night: not being able to function properly as those of model citizens. Her conscious improperly working, the drugs to deal with what she avoided.

The movement in her body had no idea of it felt to be sober anymore, for any soberness in her mind was deemed a weakness she wouldn't allow to show. She'd lost enough due to the emotions of soberness.

The cup in her hand being lazily held slipt slightly causing her to giggle at her reprehensible actions. It'd been going on two hours since she last saw Ryder, "boy- hey you! You seen'a... Deez nuts? Got'em!" Ryland asked to intoxicated to fully get a single thought out.

The man she had verbal confronted, moved the nook of his neck and backed away from the woman slowly taking in the appearance of someone he would personal judge a beautiful woman, if not for her intoxication. Yet he knew nothing of the stranger to speak of her obvious addiction. "Nah... sorry ma' but, don't you think you should be try'na leave the scene?" bucking at the man as she laughed Ryland tossed a delicately small framed out his way.

He had angered her a bit but, not enough to ruin the buzz she was feeling. The party had only just begun in Ryland's mind, with or without Ryder, Ryland was bound to do what she did best: try her hardest to forget how she'd made it so far. "Get out the way Steebie!"

.

Looking across from the chair she sat in, Ryder blankly starred at the tresses of Ryland's hair across the shoulder of the man whom she provocatively danced on. It was another of those nights. The one's that made Ryder forget that she was the younger sister and everything happening to Ryland was an effect of an issue neither girls wanted help with. The party had been over hours ago but, Ryland hadn't known that she was partying with only the custodian who hadn't had the gall to tell a drugged and sexual tensed Ryland and a miffed Ryder to leave. The music was gone and no one stood on the dance floor to dance with the pair.

Not even a whole ten minutes ago Ryland had asked the same man she was now dancing with if he could point out Ryder's location before he walked off. Ryland had cornered him before he finally caved for the woman and took advantage of the fact she could no longer depend on the tiny speck of soberness Ryland had left. It was if she forgot there'd be a tomorrow every time she got that high. Adderall concocted with a small milligram of morphine could do that though. And there was nothing stopping her from it, too tied in to the thought: that Ryland deserved some type of peace. Ryder never intervened unless the potent was more so negative than the reason it being risked.

It wasn't until Ryland was ready to strangle to the worker for groping her that, Ryder had seen enough thinking it was time to leave the building structure. Walking over to her sister Ryder sent a look of apathy to the custodian and latched on to the crook in Roland's neck with an arm, "okay Ryland. You've done enough damage tonight. Thank you sir- for your time. Let's go Ryland," the younger sister spoke looking towards the door's direction.

Ryland was limp in Ryder's arms as they walked away from the worker who had been put through enough of Roland's confusion to last for a year. Trying to pull away from her sister's hold still under the influence, Ryland landed a soft impacted slap to Ryder's face causing the younger woman to huff in annoyance.