Part Two: Jeannie's Rescue

"Sorry about that sweetie," He apologized, realizing that she probably wasn't expecting the sudden take-off. "I just wanted to get the hell out of there." He chuckled.
"He does stupid things like that all the time!" Bernie chimed in, trying to get back at Elton for making him sit in the back seat. They both snickered at each other- which made the girl giggle at their incredibly childish but cute teasing.
"Oh..." Elton turned at looked at the girl as though he forgot something, "I haven't gotten your name!" Smiling, he scratched his head and then continued looking at the road.
She laughed at him when he said that; he was so funny the way he forgot to ask such simple things from time to time. "Jeanette," The girl replied, "but you can call me Jeannie if you want."
Elton and Bernie exchanged looks and smiled almost deviously, before joining together and singing the chorus of one of Elton's most popular songs:

"Oh little Jeannie, you got so much love, little Jeannie.
And you take it where it strikes and give it to the likes of me
Oh little Jeannie, she got so much love, little Jeannie
So I see you when I can, you make me all a man can be
"

After they sang, they erupted into a cheery laughter that nearly shook the car as they drove. Jeannie's jaw nearly dropped. Oh how she didn't ever realize that Elton sang that song! Now more than ever was she beginning to find this man fascinating. There was so much about him that she didn't really know. She blushed at Elton, whom she now found very sweet and funny in addition to being cute as hell. Though every time she would tell herself he was much too old for her, she still found something else about him that would draw her near.
Elton finally pulled over so he could talk to Jeannie a little more and get some directions, now that he was out of the dark, dingy little town.
"Hey, how old are you anyway?" He laughed, putting his arm on her shoulder playfully. She was still blushing at him, as he just made her day with that song.
"Seventeen, why?" She asked, though she really didn't care much for an answer.
"Really? Damn!" He turned and looked at Bernie, whose eyebrows were as high as they could possibly be.
"Whaaat...?" Jeannie asked.
"Oh nothing, you're just adorable." He took his hand off her and adjusted his glasses, then swallowed almost nervously. He actually resembled a shy little puppy in a way. Jeannie blushed even harder now, until she couldn't hold back the smiling anymore. She covered her mouth as if she was ashamed in laughing at his charming personality.
"Elton-" She beamed with delight at the sudden compliment. "Thank you!" She finally took her hand off her mouth and bit her lip. What a lucky girl she was today.
Elton returned a grin as well as a faint blush, then he turned to look at the road ahead of him. "So Jeannie, where's your house?"
"It's actually on the north side of Atlanta, near the outskirts. I'll show you where to go once you're in Atlanta." 
"Okay then, thank you." He said very politely, and took off a little gentler this time.
"Oh no, Elton-" She smiled, "I have to thank YOU and Bernie for rescuing me. I was going to be that freak's jail bait tonight if you hadn't gotten me out of that living hell. I truly thank you for that. I'll never forget this night!"
At last there was the first moment of silence between the three of them; the tires of the car rolling across the endless road was only thing to be heard.
"Oh, it's just wot a good man should do." Elton said; his eyes not leaving the road. "And you're welcome, darling." His head tilted a little as he spoke.

The rest of the ride back home was not very long after that. Bernie, Elton, and Jeannie all shared a few more laughs before reaching her subdivision. The night was so much more warmer, friendlier, and simply lovely when around two good-hearted people like them. It surely beat the alternative.
"Take a left." Jeannie told Elton, and directed him to her street. "My house is all the way at the end, on the right. You can't miss it, it's right by the dead end." He followed her directions until he found her house; a small brick home with many flowers and shrubs growing perfectly around the landscape. Her porch was small but very neat, a white rocking chair stood out proudly among the thick, green grass and deep red bricks. It was a very pleasant-looking home to Elton, whom he thought fit very well for a cute little girl like Jeannie.
"I like your house." Elton said as he pulled into her driveway.
"What? My house?" Surprised, she looked around as if he was going to make some sort of joke to Bernie again. But he didn't.
"Yeah, I mean I really think it's a lovely little home." He gave a warm, compassionate smile this time, indicating he was very serious and meant what he said.
"Oh, well, thank you...!" She said, and began to unbuckle her seat belt.
The rest of them followed, until they all got out of the car and walked up the driveway towards her front door. Jeannie stopped and checked her pockets, found her key, and began walking up her porch. When Elton and Bernie didn't follow, she turned around and motioned her hand for them to come along.
"Come on guys, you can have a little drink before you go. I know it's not much but I can't thank you enough for your kind actions tonight." Jeannie nodded, and then muttered a little quieter, "And I just want to talk to you guys a little more..." She skipped to her front door in delight, chuckling to herself and hoping that they would come inside. She looked back, and the grin on Elton's face was priceless.
"Hell... we're in no rush here. Why not..." Bernie smiled at Elton, whose face resembled that of a kid in a candy store. They agreed to come inside, and followed Jeannie to the front door as she unlocked it.
When she opened the door, it was very dark. "Shoot," Jeannie said, "I need to get some light in here!" She touched the wall and practically "molested" it until she found the light switch. 
"Sorry about that." She said, taking her shoes off on the rug below. "You don't have to take your shoes off; I know you're leaving soon." She told the two.
Her house was a lot bigger than expected, with tall, triangular ceilings and large, square windows. She had a very lavish chandelier over her dining room table, and very neutral but natural themed colors. Elton was once again suprised, and even impressed by the cleanliness of the house. But he refrained himself from complimenting her- again. 
Jeannie allowed them to walk inside and take a seat at the table. She was so giddy and silly about serving them; she was so happy to do something for a celebrity. She could not stop fathoming the idea that there was some famous people in her own dining doom: Elton John and Bernie Taupin to be exact. Eager to meet their needs, Jeannie walked over to them once they took a seat and stood up proud and tall. "And what would you like today, sir?" She joked around in a French accent. She looked at Bernie, who tried hard not to smile.
"We have coffee, tea, juice, lemonade, and water."
"I think I'll take some tea, thank you." He nodded with a funny grin, that was directed towards Elton. Elton responded with a sly smirk as if it were some secret code between the two. But Jeannie didn't notice, she just continued with her "order".
"Alright sir, that's one tea for you. And what would you like, mister?" She turned and faced Elton, who was pretending to read off a menu. Jeannie smiled at his good sense of humor. She loved it when a guy knew when to joke around and when to be serious.
"Water sounds good to me, thank you."
"Oh but are you sure? You could get water anywhere. We have only the finest juices and teas around!" She continued to speak in a French accent, which was oh-so adorable because it wasn't very accurate at all. Elton picked up on this right away, and speaking French himself, he returned a much more realistic accent towards her.
"I think I will take some tea as well then." 
Delighted like a little schoolgirl, Jeannie ran off into the kitchen and began preparing some tea for the two. She could hear them laughing and muttering words to each other, but she couldn't make out what they were. Grabbing a cup, she began brewing up some tea. As she waited, she walked back out to Elton and Bernie who were patiently and quietly waiting for her.
"Sorry about that, the teas shall be done in a few minutes." She continued to speak in an accent.
"Merci," Elton said, "Votre service est très bon!" He looked at the girl with a innocent and playful sneer.
"What..." The girl whispered, almost embarrassed, but still engaged.
"HahaHAA!!!!" Elton snorted with an abrupt laughter. Bernie also joined. Boy, did these two just love to joke around and tease her. But she didn't mind- they were very sweet and genuinely funny about it!
"I meant to say, "thanks, your service is very good!"" He laughed, and then proceeded to give Jeannie a wink. She didn't know how to take it- surely it only meant that he was just messing around with her and all was good, but boy did that wink sure spur up the butterflies in her. Fighting back more blushing, Jeannie ran back into the kitchen to check on the tea.
They were done. Before she served them, she poured herself her own glass of juice, then gabbed a tray to properly serve them their drinks. She loved more than ever to be the entertainer, the helper, and the cute one all at once.
"Bon appetite!" She entered the room and set down the tray. In almost a blink of an eye, she switched back to her normal self and plopped down in a seat across from Bernie and next to Elton. She grabbed her drink and began to gulp it down quickly.
"Sorry," She breathed in between gulps, "I'm really thirsty."
"I see." Said Bernie, who chuckled with Elton at her cuteness. 
They all began to drink, and Elton stopped almost immediately after the first sip. "Shit!" He swore, then covered his mouth as though Jeannie was only a little kid. Everyone turned their head and stared at the distraught Elton John who had tea dripping down his chin and soaking into his suit.
"I have absolutely no clue wot happened." He blinked blankly, and then looked down at his drenched clothes.
"What the hell!?" Jeannie said, confused. "Did I give you a broken cup or something? Let me bring you a towel..." By the time she finished her sentence, she was already back with a white wash cloth and brought it to Elton.
"No, it's fine, I think I just... missed my mouth..." He laughed at himself, then wiped the tea from his clothes. He wore all black so it didn't show up very much. "Thank you, Jeannie." He said, and gave the towel back to her.