Part Four: Spirit of Love

He let go of Jeannie's body, and parted his lips so slowly and unwillingly. Elton didn't want the moment to end. He took a long look at Jeannie's face while her eyes remained closed, admiring her young and youthful beauty and her smooth, soft skin. When she opened her eyes, she immediately met him with laughter- an overwhelming expression and feeling of pure peace, joy and happiness all at once.
"I am free of this pain. I am okay. Everything is okay!" Jeannie smiled to herself, because for the first time of her life, she had nothing to worry about. Love would take her on a journey to find her inner tranquility and bliss; a pathway to the recovery of hers and his soul.
"Of all the women I've kissed..." Elton laughed, "And you'd be suprised by the numbers..." He paused for a moment, biting his lip and then licking them almost seductively, "Yours has been by far the most pleasurable." 
Jeannie looked at him curiously with big, round eyes.
"Heh, but pleasurable would be an understatement." Holding Jeannie's hand, he picked her up off the ground and brought her to her knees, kissing the top of her hand very gently. He was quite the gentleman, at least he knew how to treat somebody, let alone a lady, with respect. Manners might be old fashioned, but classy and sexy in every single way.
Words had escaped Jeannie's mouth. She just didn't know what to say back after such a moment which left her breathless.
The puppy beside them had woken up and was stretching from a good, long nap. She whimpered very quietly.
"Awww, look at that, Jeannie, she's back for more trouble!" He chuckled, picking up the little puppy and hugging it. Neither one of them could resist the puppy's cuteness. Jeannie crawled over to Elton and the pup and started to play with her in his arms. The pup would scratch and bite their fingers furiously, trying to teeth on them.
Jeannie pet the little pup in his arms, "We ought to get her some toys-" 
"Ouch!" Elton wailed, pulling his arm back. "I think she made me bleed!"
Laughing, both Jeannie and Elton pushed the puppy away from their arms and put her down on the floor again, hoping she would settle down. Of course the pup just kept trying to run back and bite them, although she began gnawing on Elton's shoes now instead.
"Better the shoe than my flesh, heh!" He laughed, petting the feisty pup.
"Maybe I should take her for a walk, y'know, to get her energy out." Jeannie scratched her chin, "Oh and you can come with us of course!" She nearly squealed just thinking about it.
"Oh no, I can't..." Elton frowned, and then followed it with a sigh.
"Oh really?" Bummed, Jeannie looked at the floor.
"I'm really sorry, I have to sort some things out with my management today, that's why I'm in the states. I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow for a couple of shows." 
The were both a bit depressed that the end of their time was drawing near.
"I'm sorry Jeannie. I would love to stay, you know... I-I love your little pup too... wot are you gonna name her?" He stuttered for some unknown reason. His shyness was coming out again, which was beyond adorable.
"I don't know, let's try to come up with something together!" Jeannie blushed and smiled, hoping to convince Elton to agree. He met her eyes with a funny look, but ultimately fell for her puppy-dog face and agreed.
"I wanna name her something pretty, not something goofy like Biscuit or common like Daisy."
"Hhhmmm..." Elton  stared at the little pup for a long, long time. "Maybe naming her after a gem. Those are always beautiful names." He glanced at Jeannie for a moment, "Y'now like Diamond, Ruby, Jewel, Pearl..."
"Oh, I like Ruby!" Jeannie exclaimed, and tried saying the name a few times to get used to it.
"But it doesn't really flow. This girl is special to me. I want her name to represent you  somehow." She blushed again at Elton, who was blushing right back.
"Oh, you're killing me here, Jeannie!" Elton laughed, combing his hair back and sighing. "I don't know what's so great about me!"
"You're everything I hoped for, Elton. You're the man of my dreams, and oh, your spirit will live on with this girl fore-" She stopped dead in her sentence and gasped. It was utterly perfect.
"Spirit! That's it. Elton, her name will be Spirit! That will remind me of you...!"
A random bout of energy ran through her body and she ran over to Elton to give him a big hug. Grinning ear to ear, Elton caught Jeannie and tackled her to the ground, playfully tickling her. Of course, the newly named Spirit came running over to Jeanine and crawled on top of her, nibbling and licking her her face, nose, and ears eagerly.
"Elton! Elton, stop!!" Jeannie squealed, kicking her legs and Elton's hands tickled her all over her body. She didn't really like to be tickled, but with Elton it was... sort of a guilty pleasure for her. Still, she tried to make him stop.
"Stop! Stop." Grabbing his hands, she pushed him away and backed up- with a huge smile across her face of course.
"Wot, you don't like to be tickled!?" Elton joked.
"No..." She tried to catch her breath, "But this was a little too much..." She looked over at Spirit, and she happily tried to leap for Jeannie's face again.
"Get down!" Jeannie ordered, but not very strictly. She knew the puppy had a very short attention span.
"Oh Jeannie!" Elton suddenly blurted, "I forgot something- come here." He suddenly got up and ran to the front door. Jeannie followed, and Spirit tagged along behind.
Elton picked up something from the ground and dusted it off. It appeared to be a little pink card, once again neatly wrapped in a bow. He was definitely a fantastic gift-giver!
"This is for your mom. Well, really it's for the both of you." He handed the card to Jeannie. "Shhh, I want your mother to open it. But don't tell her what it is. There's a check inside this card for $1,000."
"WHAT!?" Jeannie jumped to her feet and scared Spirit, running behind the wall for security.
"Hah, it's money for you and Spirit, you know, so you can buy her toys and food and pay for her vet bills and all." Starting at the floor, Elton blushed.
"Unbelievable! You are so kind, there aren't any words to express my gratitude. Thank you so much, Elton. This is wonderful." Jeannie was about to lean in for another hug, but she figured she would've done a little over-kill on the hugging, so she refrained herself.
"But I must get going now. I gotta get back to my management in like," Elton looked at his watch,"-half n' hour."
"Oh dear I'm so sorry for keeping you up here so long-"
"No no, it's fine, I can make it back in time. And remember, I'm in charge of my own management, it's not like they can fire me! Hahaha!" He laughed a long laugh, which sounded like a series of hiccups and snorts. Jeannie could not lie that it was the most strangest, yet adorable laugh from a man!
All of a sudden, she began to feel a great, overbearing sensation. She was happy, but something else was bothering her. Something was on her chest she could not explain. An abrupt feeling of nostalgia and discomfort was nagging on her, making her frown right at Elton. She could not comprehend what was happening to her, except for perhaps she was beginning to miss his company already, now that he was leaving.
"Elt'n..." She sorta slurred her words, " Www--but uh, you'll be like, back... riiiight?" Spirit peeked her head out behind he wall and stared at Jeannie cautiously. She sensed that her energy had changed.
Elton raised his eyebrows and gave a half-smile back, attempting lighten up the mood. 
"I can't guarantee that I will be back... here," He swallowed, then took an uneasy look in Jeannie's eyes, "But we should meet again."
The room was going silent every quickly, until Spirit walked up to Elton and began tugging at his pant legs restlessly. She began trying to pull Elton, but being only a few pounds, she failed miserably. Jeannie and Elton laughed and laughed until they could barely breathe in between their snorting.
"Elton!! Haha!! I think she wants you to stay!" Wiping tears from her eyes from laughing so hard, Jeannie threw an old shoe nearby at Spirit. "Chew this, it's getting old anyways." She muttered.
Jeannie looked up and noticed that Elton's eyes were also pretty wet and watery, and she assumed that it was from laughing so hard as well. But the fact that he was leaving her now was surely going to make more tears come, and they weren't going to be happy ones.
"Jeannie..." Still smiling, but talking on a more serious note, Elton rubbed his eyes together and suddenly and overflow of tears came rolling down his cheeks, hitting the floor one by one.
"Oh dear, oh my god." He tried to wipe the tears with his hands, but there were too many to stop. He hated to be so emotional for a man. If that were one thing he would change about himself, he's definitely make himself a stronger man. He was too self-conscious and insecure about himself. But yet it was the key trait in Elton that Jeannie was attracted to!
Jeannie was completely stunned. Never did she expect him to cry, let alone in front of her. She could not tell whether he was crying of laughter, sadness, or both, but it didn't matter- he was really crying hard. Shaking, Jeannie ran over to the kitchen and grabbed some tissues for Elton, unsure of why he was crying so much. It was so sudden and unexpected that it actually began making her feel frightened.
"H-here..." Handing the tissues over, Jeannie spoke in the lowest voice she could- though it was unintentional. She was just so nervous.
Elton took some of the tissues, turned over and excused himself, and began blowing his nose. Jeannie could feel some tears brewing up in her own eyes, just from watching him cry. When he looked back, she could see his eyes were pitch red, very drained and weary. He wasn't laughing with joy, there was a pain inside that was crawling out with each and every sob he made. She could almost feel his tension and agony just standing next to him.
"Forgive me, Jeannie." Lowering his hands, he spoke very dry and monotone for a moment. "I was just overwhelmed."
Out of the blue, Jeannie began crying as well. It was an emotional response to seeing Elton so upset and fractured. Together they both just, well, stood there and cried. Collected their thoughts. Poured out emotions. Neither one of them anticipated something like this to happen at all. Together they looked pitiful like a train wreck, with Jeannie's back slumped up against a wall and Elton's back hunched over as he cried.
Finally a moment of silence struck as both Jeannie and Elton took a moment to breathe.
"How long do I have to wait...?" Jeannie whined, craving for his love all over again.