Part Three: The Gift Of A Lifetime

(Warning: This part contains lots of swearing as well as a mild love scene.
Don't worry, no clothes are removed!)

"Elton!" Bernie snapped at his friend furiously. Elton pulled the car over on the side of the road and turned his head.
"Wot!?" He scratched his head with a disgusted facial expression at Bernie.
"What the fuck are you thinking!?" Bernie grabbed Elton's arm and shook him violently.
"Wot! Wot!? Get offa me!" He violently pushed Bernie off of him and then immediately cowered as if he knew he was going to get hit back. Although only sharp words were thrown.
"Y- you can't just break a girl's heart like that! I saw what you wrote on the record." Bernie was enraged with anger.
"Tell me, Bernie, how the FUCK that is breaking a girl's heart?"
"Ohhhh, let me see.. first of all you're GAY!" Bernie yelled.
"Did I say I was going into a relationship with her? All I did was sign a goddamn record for her, Bernie!" Elton's voice cracked, but he clenched his fists in fury.
"No, you hugged her, and told her you loved her!" 
"Get a bloody grip, Bernie, I always treat my fans with love and respect, unlike YOU!" Elton growled back harsh words that hurt badly, but he wasn't finished, "And I bet you're fucking jealous because you love her too."
Bernie fell silent and looked down at his lap for a minute. He knew Elton was right.
"Elton, you can have the girl. Go ahead! I won't stop you."
"Wot? Who said I wanted her?"
Bernie wasn't having it. "Oh come on, Reg, first you claimed you loved her, now you don't want her? What do you want!?"
"Don't you fucking call me that name again or I'll-"
Bernie already took a punch at Elton's face, knocking his head into the window and door forcefully. His glasses cracked and slid down his face, and a long, red gash emerged from the corner of his eye down to his lip. It wasn't long before the overwhelming and painful sensation of blood began to drip down his cheeks. Elton yelped in pain.
"Ughh!" Moaning, he sat up and threw his glasses at Bernie, as if that was some sort of deadly comeback for calling him Reg. 
"I fuckin' hate you, Bernie!!!" Now crying, Elton bashed his head down against the steering wheel. The car honked from the pressure, but he didn't care. 
Bernie sat in silence, and watched as Elton quietly weeped in agony. His face was bleeding badly, and he put his hands to his face to cover the gash. It stung, and Elton jumped back. It wouldn't stop bleeding. Finally, Bernie opened up the glove box, and found a hand towel.
"...Here." Bernie said flatly, although he was beginning to seriously regret what he had done. He tossed the towel to Elton.
"Wot t-the hell is this for." His sobs escalated into more and more tears. He was really beginning to cry like a big baby.
Bernie didn't say anything back, he just watched as his friend wiped his tears and bloodstains. Then, Bernie began to smile.
"Elton, I love you." He almost tried to to fight back a tear himself. Elton just looked up at him with his sad, red eyes. He didn't say a word back. He just continued to stare at him with tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I should've never hit you. I'm the coward." He turned his head to the side and exposed his cheek. "Go ahead, lay it on me." He pointed to himself and braced himself for a hit.
"I- I can't do that, Bernie." Elton took the towel off his face and grabbed Bernie's arm. "I'm sorry for wot I said. I- I think we have it baaaad, man." He leaned over, and the two men gave each other a long, long hug. It must've lasted for 5 minutes straight. They didn't even care what other people thought as they passed by to see two men leaning over and hugging. They just didn't.
After the brawl and the make up, Elton tried to clear things up again.
"So wot are we gonna do about this girl?" He wiped the last tear from his face and stared into Bernie's eyes.
"I guess I was just upset because... I can see she likes you, Elton. I mean, she loves you. She's IN love with you." He closed his eyes and sighed, "I can see it in her eyes, and the way she smiles at you."
Elton shrugged and yawned. It was getting really, really late. "Yeah, it's not the first time..."
"I mean, she's so... young..." Bernie frowned.
"I know, but I just... I don't know." Frustrated because he couldn't see, he just stopped fiddling around and closed eyes. He leaned his head back and tilted his head toward the the ceiling.
"Uuuuughhhh. I do love her. I'm a fool to feel such a way." He quickly turned his head towards Bernie and raised his eyebrows.
"But Bernie. We saved her life."
"I know, how could you not fall in love after that..." Bernie looked out the car window and watched as a young teenage couple got out of their car and walked into their house.
"Bernie, will you let me come visit her one more time tomorrow? I just... want to say goodbye one more time..." His voice cracked, as if we going to cry again, but he didn't.
"Of course, Elton. How could I deny love anymore..."