5 song challenge

I was nominated by DLittleWriter and ovosoul , and I nominate fvckbeal  -mambamentality thewardellflow babyfacedcurry simplydope_ and anyone else who wants to do this challenge!

damian lillard
"from time" — drake feat. jhené aiko
(i already know i'm going to get in my feelings by the time all 5 songs have played)

Her hand hovered over her phone screen, seeing it light up with his name—Damian Lillard.

The two hadn't talked in weeks. She was worried about him; it was as if more and more was weighing down on his shoulders every time she saw him.

She was always the one to hold him up when another girl broke his heart. Each time, he thought that woman was the one, and each time, he was wrong.

Damian hadn't had a girlfriend for months, just short flings. Recently, she could see the hesitance in his eyes whenever she asked if he was interested in any new women.

She knew he was afraid—afraid of love, of commitment, of losing.

But she knew she could help—she already loved him; she had given him all of her for as long as she could remember; and she would never, ever think to break his heart.

Why couldn't Damian see that he had nothing to fear?

devin booker
"purpose" — justin bieber
(i love this song idc idc)

Worthless. That's how she felt. Each day, she felt less and less important to the people around. The worst part was that no one seemed to notice how much farther she fell by the minute.

She curled into a ball in her bed, brushing away the tears she silently wept.

Another presence landed beside her on the bed. It was the only person she would ever allow to see like this, with her walls all down and her vulnerability fully visible.

Devin hated seeing his girlfriend like this. Unbeknownst to her, he was fully aware how dark of a place she was in.

He wasn't a man of many words; he never had been. But he always did know what to say in low times like these.

He securely took her into his arms, his lips lightly brushing her ear as he whispered to her. "You give me purpose, babygirl. Always remember that."

dejounte murray
"next" — the weeknd

If only Dejounte knew that being drafted into the NBA would be both a blessing and a curse.

Ever since he became the San Antonio Spurs' newest draft pick, his phone was constantly hit up by women—ex-girlfriends, old classmates, girls he met at parties in Washington.

Even so, he found himself at a friend's party, enticed by a woman currently dancing and gesturing for him to join her. Her beautiful curly hair bounced as she danced seductively, and her form-fitting clothes only helped her case.

Dejounte bit his lip. Simply, she was drop-dead gorgeous. He reluctantly stood up and walked over to her. She gave him a charming smile and grabbed his hand, directing it around her waist.

Before that night, Dejounte had made sure to avoid any women trying to take advantage of his newfound fame. But the young man figured that one woman wouldn't cause any damage.

If only he had known her intentions. If only he had known that she knew exactly who he was. If only he had known how much trouble one woman, and one night, would cause.

But for tonight, all Dejounte was worried about was having fun.

kyrie irving
"bed peace" — jhené aiko feat. childish gambino
(i honestly love both of them so much)

"G'morning, baby," Kyrie greeted his fiancée in his raspy morning voice. He rolled over to face her half-asleep figure.

Waking up with her at his side never got old. Every morning, Kyrie thanked God for how lucky he was to have such a beautiful woman, inside and out, with him.

"Do you have practice?" she mumbled, snuggling up to his tattooed chest.

"Nope. Chill day?" he suggested. The couple loved spending days on the couch, snuggling and watching Netflix all day.

He stood up and stretched, revealing his toned upper body. He preferred sleeping in only sweatpants, and she didn't mind it at all.

She nodded, after shamelessly staring at his abs.

"Movie?"

"Beyond the Lights?" she suggested sheepishly as she followed him out of bed.

"That's the fifth time, girl," he chuckled. He nestled his head around her neck, peppering her with kisses down to her collarbone. "But I'll watch it again, because I love you."

ben simmons
"juke jam" — chance the rapper feat. justin bieber & towkio
(i actually just screamed because i love this song and i've played it so much i'm pretty sure my parents know the lyrics to it by now)

"Serious question. Have you been stalking me since I was 5 or something?"

Ben chuckled at the petite young woman's accusation. "I could ask the same thing, love."

The two had known each other for years, dating back to their toddler days in Australia. Their parents dropped them off at the same nursery as five year-olds.

The two didn't think much of each other at first. In fact, the first time either of them acknowledged each other was when Ben innocently asked her out on a 'date,' or as much of a date as five year-olds could manage. She, of course, blatantly rejected him and caused him to cry for the rest of the day.

The moment was trivial at the time, but it became a major one. They constantly picked on each other afterwards. The two grew up knowing nothing but hate for the other.

It had been years since either of them had talked, until one day, in a Philadelphia diner, Ben Simmons walked in and immediately made eye contact with a woman he nearly didn't recognize. She had definitely grown up from her brace-face days as a teenager, which was the last time either of them saw each other.

"Maybe you and I were meant to be, sweetheart," Ben smirked. He held one of her hands and gave it a light kiss.

He walked away, leaving her with dropped jaw and a racing heart.