Chapter 2

Hi everyone

I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

As I have nothing to say I promise you that I will not ramble on. 

I find it funny how when you're typing a story it's alot shorter than you expected and then you see some books with 13 parts!!!!!!! Honestly I don't know how they do it...

Opps! I rambled on...

Enjoy this chapter

xx Sunnysal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione’s POV

It was the second to last day of school and exams had finished. The morning had started off beautifully, the sun was shining and it seemed like nothing could go wrong.

Hagrid had left after talking to us and we sat in the sun for quite a long time. The boys had (rather stupidly) ignored my pleas to go inside, as I had seen the dark clouds on the horizon.

This is why, on the second to last day of school, we were wet, tired and were knocking on Hagrid’s door.

I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my robes and looked around.

To my alarm, I saw a figure in the trees. It looked like a girl around the same age as me, with bright red hair and skin as white as snow. She also had on what looked to me as a large red cape billowing in the wind.

For a split second we held eye contact and then, with a horrified expression, she turned and fled. Her cape was catching on branches as she ran, as nimbly as a cat, at top speed along the branch.

But when I looked at the cape more closely, I saw that it wasn’t a cape – it was wings

I was jerked out of my surprise by the large door opening and Hagrid welcoming me into his warm, dry house.

Scarlett’s POV

I swooped down to my tree in the forest, folding my wings as I landed.

I had built this house myself over the past few years ‘borrowing’ things lying around Hagrid’s house. Too bad if he wants them back – I put a lot of effort into my house.

The tree trunk had a small door and windows on it, and was covered in ivy. On the inside there was a beautiful staircase. The outer edge had intricately carved dragons for a banister and on the inside rim (next to the stairs) was a slide.

Higher up in the tree, sitting comfortably on the branches was a little medieval cottage.

(AN: Picture on the side)

Across the clearing was a larger tree where I slept when I was in dragon form. The tree had a large, flat, natural platform in the middle and the branches fanned out, hiding me from most prying eyes.

However this did not mean that the forest creatures were completely ignorant of my presence, it was entirely the opposite.

Forest creatures were very aware of who I was and did their best to steer clear of me. Although this was helpful when it came to larger and more dangerous creatures, it meant that I was lonely. Very lonely.

In fact, I hadn’t had any contact with humans for six years and the only long lasting friendship I had had for six years was with my pet phoenix Fiametta (Fia).

I landed on my balcony and unlocked the door. I noticed that it was quite chilly, and so I pointed my hand at the fireplace and it instantly lit up.

Oops! I forgot to tell you that I can control fire and anything related to it.

So to summarize this, I can control:

·      Fire (obviously)

·      Heat

·      Light (to a certain extent)

·      Smoke

Etcetera.

I lent out of my window and slowly lowered a wooden bucket down to the pond next to my tree.

I poured the water into my old pot and lit a fire underneath it. Hot chocolate and tea were a luxury for me and so instead I settled for hot water. I put the rest of the clean water in a glass bottle and sealed it with a cork.

Clean water was precious and I liked to always have some on me incase of an emergency. For this reason whenever I could, I saved as much as possible.

After drinking my hot water I settled into my bed. I had no need for blankets – I just used my wings.

Hermione’s POV

As soon as we got back to the castle I sped straight to the library instead of joining the last night celebrations.

I grinned to myself as I heard Ron mumble “Typical Hermione”, for once not minding about it.

I got to the library and started looking in the half breed section.

*Three hours later*

Not a single thing on was on dragon human crossings in the library! This was the first time the library had ever failed me.

Sighing dejectedly, I walked back to the common room completely ready for some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOOOOOOO.......

What did you think of that?

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!!

Please put this on your reading list / comment so I know who's reading my story!

Remember to Vote, comment and fan!

xx Sunnysal