Chapter 4

Hi everyone!

Im so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry!!

Please forgive me for taking so long to upload!

Im afraid that I dont really have an excuse, other than that my internet was not working for a while, and I started at a new school.

Anyway... I hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

Dumbledores POV

I stretched out in my seat and sighed contentedly. It was the end of the first week of holidays and I just finished writing a letter to the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.

It was about an unfortunate incident where his assistant in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement had had sudden bursts of silliness during his speech and suddenly started impersonating many different animals during an important meeting with the Wizengamot.

He had been overworked to the point of insanity and so I suggested that he let the poor chap have a six week holiday at St Mungo's.

The cure was simple, it just took time.

I was about to start on another letter to the Ministry, when, out of the corner of the eye, I saw a flash of orange above the forest treetops.

Startled, I jumped up from my seat and walked briskly to the window. Unfortunately, my suspicions were correct. We had a dragon at Hogwarts.

Quickly, I sent a patronus to all the staff who were here, telling them to meet me in my office at once.

Dragons were tricky to deal with, one wizard (or witch) alone could not do it, and I had no time to call Charlie Weasley and his team over, we would have to handle the dragon ourselves.

Scarletts POV

I was greeted with silence after I had transformed.

Suddenly, the hippogriff that I had battled with walked forward. I turned to him and bowed, keeping my eyes trained firmly on his, not blinking at all.

He was not bowing back. It looked as if my offer was being rejected. I saw others start to stir, flexing their claws and rolling their necks.

I shuffled back, and was about to change into my dragon form again, when-

He bowed back. As if this was their signal, all the other hippogriffs bowed as well. Starting with the closest and rippling around the den, until each hippogriff was bowing. I smiled; they were the first thing in the world who actually accepted me. For the first time ever, it was just like I had a real family.

The hippogriff and I walked down to a small alcove, hidden away from sight.

“Thank you” I said to him. “May I ask what your name is?”

“Buckbeak” He replied. “And you?”

“Scarlett, but you can call me Scar for short.”

“Some call me ‘Beaky’ but I hate it when people do that – so don’t you dare."

“Oh Beaky, I wouldn’t dream of it” I said with a cheeky grin on my face.

“Scarlett…” he said warningly.