Chapter 3

Hey guys!!

Here is Chapter 3 - sorry it took me so long to upload!

Here is also a picture of scarlett in her dragon form, but as it is blurry, i will try to find another one.

xx Sunnysal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

Scarlett’s POV

The Hogwarts students had left for the summer holidays – leaving me to explore much more freely.

I had no teachers to worry about because they rarely ever visited the forest, and that’s if they were staying at Hogwarts. Some chose to leave and visit family over the holidays or stay at Hogwarts and prepare for the next year. (AN: I do not know if this is true – different sites have different information)

Of course there was Hagrid, but well, it’s not that hard to see (or hear) him coming!

I had just returned from hunting – yes I said hunting. I am half dragon.

Anyway… I had just gotten back form a long and tiring day of hunting and I put the rather plump rabbit on the table.

I looked upon my large collection of knifes, hanging up in neat columns. As usual, I had my hunting knife at my hip, sitting comfortably in its scabbard.

The blade was about twenty centimetres long and it was quite thick. I never went anywhere without my knife. Sometimes I took my bow when I went hunting and I didn’t want to be in dragon form. This blade has helped me through a lot of tough situations I thought.

Snapping out of my daydream about my lovely knifes *sigh* I realized that my meal was not cooking itself.

I took out a long thin blade and started preparing the animal to be cooked. Disgusting, as it may seem, it’s better than pulling fur and small bones out of your teeth. Unfortunately, I’ve had first hand experience at that.

I sniffed dreamily as the smell of rabbit stew took over my small hut and grabbed a book off my bookshelf. It was Hogwarts a History. This book had always been a favourite of mine, as I had always wished that I could just stand in the Great Hall and look up at that enchanted ceiling, eating as much as I wanted, and chatting with the other students.

I haven’t had what you might call a ‘normal’ meal in six years; instead I usually ate what hunters in the olden days ate. Stews, vegetables, berries, steak, soups and whatever I could find in the forest.

In my first year here I found a book on Poisonous Plants and What They Look Like nesting in a tree nearby, almost as if someone had purposefully put it there for me. It has been of great help and had saved my neck more than a few times.

Only once had I gone into the castle looking for food.

Well actually, that’s a lie. I snuck into the kitchen through an air vent and he house elves ran over to me with trays and trays of different food. They frightened me with their big eyes, oversized heads and small bodies. But that wasn’t what scared me off.

I picked up a piece of pizza and took a bite. It was sickening!! It was so rich and there were things in it that I had never seen!

So, because of my reaction to ‘normal’ food I never went into the kitchen again.

I jumped as I realized that my stew was ready. I gobbled it up greedily, and soon enough it was finished, so I washed and put my bowl away.

Because I lived in a forest I was quite serious about hygiene. If I caught a fever in the forest it could’ve been fatal.