Chapter Five

Goldenpaw woke up late, Willowtail was already in the herb crack sorting her herbs. "Finally, I've been waiting for you to wake, Goldenpaw." Willowtail mew stepping out of the crack. "Iceleap said he found a bee hive, It's late season and probably won't have a lot of honey in it. But, I had him retrieve it anyway."

"So, we have honey?" Goldenpaw asked and Willowtail shook her head. "Not yet, he hasn't returned." Goldenpaw nod and her belly rumbled. "I uh.. I'm gonna go get something to eat." Goldenpaw mew edging toward the entrance. "Fine, come back when Iceleap returns."

"Alright." Goldenpaw trotted out into the clearing and was greeted by Whisperpaw. " Morning." Her sister greeted warmly. "I wanted to ask you something." Whisperpaw looked deeply troubled. "Okay, shoot."  Goldenpaw reply. "Does my paw look weird to you?" Whisperpaw lifted her paw and Goldenpaw looked down at it. Only to get a playful hit to the face. "GOTCHA!" Whisperpaw yell. Goldenpaw laughed. "But seriously though, I wanted to know whats wrong."

"What do you mean?" Goldenpaw ask.

"You've been acting kinda... Oh! Me and Strawberrypaw were talking about this just last night..." Whisperpaw  thought. "Disconnected is what I think I said."

"Whisperpaw, I'm fine." Goldenpaw lied. It was strange lying to Whisperpaw, her and her sister told each other everything. "You're probably just not used to having my loud mouth around all the time."

"Yeah, I guess." Whisperpaw sigh just as Iceleap entered camp. "Uuuugh, I didn't get to eat anything." Goldenpaw flick her sister's ear playfully. "I'll catch you later." She mewed over her shoulder following Iceleap to the medicine cat den.

***

Goldenpaw watched Willowtail smear Iceleap's Bee stings with mud. "You put mud on the stings and leave it to dry and fall of it's self. The stings fall of with the mud and its a lot fast than waiting for them to heal." Iceleap fidget as Willowtail smear more mud on his tender stings. "And a lot less painful."  Iceleap roll his eyes as she finish. "Thank you for getting the honey for us." Willowtail call as Iceleap's white mud smeared pelt disappeared under the bramble screen.

Goldenpaw flopped down in her nest. The gathering was tomorrow. Her and her sister were able to go. She smiled imaging all the different cats and scent. Her stomach rumbled. She still hasen't eaten. She sighed, but was to lazy to leave the warmth and comfort of her nest. So she decided to sleep instead.

---

I would totally take sleep over getting up for food *Nodnod*