Chapter 5

'Rise and shine, four-eyes.'

Huh?

Hange swam slowly into consciousness, the vivid dreams they had been experiencing dispersed from their mind, the daylight now filtering through their eyelashes.

However, instead of their eyes being greeted by the blurred bedroom ceiling, they found themselves staring up into the emotionless face of Levi.

'W-what?' Hange mumbled, reaching up to try and rub the sleep from their eyes, instead their knuckles collided with their glasses.

Their fatigued state made it impossible to understand what was going on, as Hange's senses came alive one by one. Instead of their soft mattress beneath them, Hange felt cold hard stone. Around their wrists they could feel cold iron....handcuffs? Instead of smelling the sandalwood musk of their bedroom, they could smell damp and....soap?

'I said, rise and shine. You certainly will be shining once I'm done with you.' Levi said threateningly, and Hange finally became fully aware of what was going on.

Hange was in-fact lying on the washroom floor, still in their nightshirt and their hair loose and tumbling wildly down their shoulders.

Hange had been in this situation before: Levi had lumped them over, still-unconscious, from their bedroom into the washroom to try and force them into submission for a bath.

'You son of a-' Hange began furiously while they tried to wriggle up to stand, but found that Levi had predicted their attempt to escape and bound their legs together with rope.

'After our last fiasco I thought it would be wise to incapacitate you.' Levi towered above them, something which was rare since it was usually him staring up at Hange's height.

'I remember.' Hange growled moodily, thinking back to the last time that Mike had been given the horrifying shock of a nude, sud-covered Hange sprinting past him in the hallway, pursued by Levi armed with a towel and sponge.

'Lets get this over with.' Levi reached up to tie a linen mask around his mouth, as if he were a medic about to undergo life-altering surgery.

'I'm not rampant with diseases, you know?' Hange grumbled.

'Not diseases that we've heard of. God knows what new bacterium is lurking all over you.' Levi shuddered, and turned to swill the lukewarm soapy water waiting in the tin bathtub.

Hange used his momentary distraction to turn over onto their stomach, and endeavoured to crawl towards the door like a caterpillar. They scrambled to their knees and took hold of the door handle, but couldn't stand to exact their escape.

'Oh no you don't.' Levi pounced and locked Hange's arms to their stomach, and lifted them into the air, his almost super-human strength making it effortlessly easy.

'Moblit! Save me! I'm being attacked!' Hange squawked as a last resort, writhing to free themselves from Levi's iron grip.

'Sorry, Hange! Commander's orders!' Hange heard their subordinate-turned-supervisor call cheerily from the other side of the wall.

What Hange and Levi didn't see was Mike and Moblit stood by each other in the hallway, chuckling lightly between themselves at the two socially-challenged individuals sharing this incredibly intimate shenanigan.

'Screw all of you!' Hange whined loudly, squirming violently as Levi carried them over to the bath.

Levi struggled to keep a hold of their flailing limbs, keeping the gangly squad leader still while facing sanitation was as easy as holding a hyper-active octopus- Levi told Hange just that.