024

—KNJ
6:16 AM KST

"fuck."

namjoon woke up from a pounding headache; he boosted himself up, feeling slightly weak and albeit out of sync with his body. the only thing he remembered before passing out was a man, dressed in all black, standing behind him and before he knew it, he had been out cold after he felt something heavy and hard hit him on the back of the head.

he looked around, his legs wobbling a little as he walked up to a wall, slamming a fist on it, even though he considered this action foolhardy—but this was life or death. he could feel it.

"hello?" he yelled, only to hear his voice echoing back to him in the dimly lit room. "anyone there?"

his heart nearly jumped out of his chest when he heard a low buzzing sound start up; namjoon looked around but found nothing noticeable.

"kim namjoon. hello," a voice greeted him. "how are you on this fine morning?"

"who the hell are you?" namjoon growled, punching the wall again, a little louder this time. 

"the person who is here to cleanse your filthy sins right off of you. kim namjoon, you have sent an innocent man to his deathbed in prison—he was executed by the electric chair. how did it feel when you realized that you sent the wrong man to jail?"

"...it was an accident. everyone makes accidents. we're humans. we're not perfect. and also, there was a team of law students who worked on this case together with me. why don't you punish them?"

"you were the one who said the last word. you said that he was guilty. you were the only one who spoke in court."

"fuck...this was an accident, alright?"

"an 'accident' should not take a life in exchange for foolish behavior."

"goddammit...let me out of here!"

"not so fast, my sweet. have you not realized that i've put something on you?"

namjoon gasped audibly when he reached up, feeling a very thick and wide collar around his shoulder and cradling his neck. he looked down, and he saw small, thick, metal tubes with small, circular openings lined around the flat of the collar. he swallowed nervously, the sweat making his body go rigid and cold.

"what the hell is this?" he said, his voice shaking. 

"this is the shotgun collar, my dear. each of the nine barrels has shotgun ammunition already loaded inside; if you fail to take this off of you, well...it'll be triggered, and your head will be blown off. haha. the end. just like the life of the innocent man you ended that night. if you don't have any will to live, then i'll execute you like they did in the olden days—like the firing squad. too bad i don't have a whole team here—that's why i put those shotguns on you. haha."

"this is nothing to laugh about," namjoon asserted, a little more forceful and angrier this time. "stop fucking with me, whoever you are."

the voice chuckled lowly, ignoring namjoon's commentary. "look at the walls. i like to call this the 'drawer room'—unoriginal, i know. there are thousands of small compartments with small numbers engraved on the front, and you will have to find seven keys to disarm each one of those guns off of you. you have three hours to free this off of you; any later, and you're gone. live or die. you have three hours, and your time begins now."