041

—KNJ
11:02 AM KST

he watched as yoongi fell on the floor on his knees; namjoon's heart dropped.

they had been running for god knows how long; he didn't remember anything that had happened in the last few minutes. it was dark, and he passed by everything in such a hurry that he didn't even have time to take a few moments and to explore—not that he had any time to, anyway. namjoon knew he didn't have much information to work with, but this was all that he had.

when they stopped for a second to regain their breath, yoongi's knees began to wobble and namjoon's heart did the same. not because they were exhausted, but by what they saw.

it was a large hole, dug in the ground, like another compartment, as big as namjoon's ground floor of his apartment, except this one was filled with syringes

namjoon could feel his own skin prickling just by indulging his eyes in the sight. he swallowed nervously.

"i-i think this was meant for me," yoongi answered slowly to a question that namjoon never asked out loud—'is this for you, drug addict?'

"i-i could get the vial, if you want to do something else," namjoon implied, taking another burdensome step towards the edge. just by looking at it, he once again felt imaginary needles stab him on every acre of his skin; he shivered at the gruesome thought.

"no, i'd rather get mine over with," yoongi sighed, getting back up from his knees and pulling himself reluctantly towards the edge.

"no, don't," namjoon pulled him back by grabbing at his wrist. "this is like finding a needle in a haystack, and you don't know what's going to happen. how will you get up from there? stuff could be in those syringes, you know? let's look for something...um...more feasible."

"feasible my ass," yoongi snapped, pulling away from namjoon's grip. "this might be the most endurable one, for all i know. it's okay. don't worry about me. worry about yourself, kid. i'll get through it somehow."

yoongi flashed a small smile at namjoon, but he knew that it meant nothing of happiness, giddiness, or even anticipation; his smile only portrayed regret and fear.

namjoon swallowed nervously, watching yoongi nervously sitting down on the very edge of the compartment, ready to slide down by the gradual slope of the ground leading to the sea of needles. yoongi's eyebrows furrowed in determination, before inching himself onto the sloped surface. namjoon turned away, squeezing his eyes in hopes that it would lessen the pain heard in yoongi's screams.

his heart lurched. he wanted to cover his ears but he couldn't—all his muscles felt stiff, and his bones felt like they were merged together. namjoon could feel cold sweat gathering in his palms, as his ears had no ability to filter out yoongi's desperate yells, screams, screeching, and various 'help me's and 'i'm sorry's.

namjoon wanted to leave; he didn't know how long he had before his own time ran out. all he could hope for was a little more generous 'trap' in a sense. with a heavy heart and heavy steps, he trudged towards the door that led out of the room.

"i can't find the fucking vial! namjoon—h-help me! i'm literally fucking sinking! i-it hurts so much, a-ah, fuck, i don't think i can do this! please! pull me out!"

namjoon couldn't help it. he looked back, only to have his heart tugging again in fear—he couldn't tell if that was yoongi, or just a man covered in syringes; nearly every acre of his skin had a needle stabbing through him. namjoon felt his hands go weak when he saw that a few of the syringes neared a major artery—he could see the gleam of yoongi's tears.

he turned back, despite yoongi's screams, and opened the door.

[ a/n ]
i'm on hiatus rn and i shouldn't be writing and i should be studying but oops ! o well :) anyways this trap is from SAW II for my horror movie fans <333