Intentional Tease

William strained in the dark to see Lucas, his every fiber on fire, mind a hot mess of pudding as it attempted to understand what was happening.

They were facing each other, their feet touching, knees pressed together. He had his arm laying like a log over Lucas' waist. He could feel the brunette's hot breath puffing warmly against his neck.

And then Lucas let out a happy little sigh and scooted even closer. Which was only possible by shoving a knee between William's and tucking his head under William's chin, tickling him with the soft curls of his hair.

"Your heart's pounding," Lucas whispered softly, spreading a palm against his chest. "Is something wrong?"

And William decided right then and there that if Lucas really was this oblivious, then maybe he needed to have his eyes opened.

"Yeah," he said after a moment.

Lucas untucked his head from Williams chin, lifting onto an elbow and squinting down at him in the dark.

"What is it?" he asked.

If Lucas thought his heart was pounding before, it was straight up buzzing now as William reached up a hand in lieu of an answer. He slid his fingers gently into Lucas' hair, holding him in place above him. He swallowed, and shifted, raising slightly.

Lucas went still, so still that William was sure he wasn't breathing and then, just as he was about to tug the boy down, something vibrated against his leg.

William jumped so hard that their heads banged together.

"Shit!"

William reached for his phone while Lucas rubbed his forehead with a breathy laugh.

His hands were shaking when he lifted up his phone and pressed it on. The screen lit up

Mom;
Way to go Will! I expect details!

William gasped and flung the phone down. Why?! Why did she have to reply to his message now?! Especially when all he'd said was that he was sleeping over.

"What was that message all about?" Lucas asked curiously.

"Nothing!" William choked. 

Lucas chuckled and flopped back down, resting his head on the pillow next to William and staring at him in the dark. William could see the pale flash of his teeth.

"I thought you were going to kiss me," Lucas laughed.

William cringed.

"Yeah," he choked out. "I was."

Lucas was silent for a moment and then he laughed again and William wanted to bury his head in the pillows until he suffocated.

"Whatever," Lucas muttered, shoving him playfully.

William stared dumbly at Lucas in the dark.

"I'm serious," he said. He'd come this far after all. He was in bed with the boy he had a crush on and he'd already tried to kiss him once. There was no backing down now or he might not have the courage again.

Lucas' laugh sounded less sure now.

"Come on," he muttered but William was already moving. 

He pressed Lucas down into the bed and Lucas went without any hint of a fight, flat on his back. When William finally had the courage to press himself down, over Lucas, his friend didn't move. He laid still as their lips met.

William expected a shout or wild flailing, anything that would cut the moment short, but instead Lucas just laid there and the kiss dragged on and William realized that he hadn't prepared himself mentally for this. 

Taking a shuddering breath, he leaned in closer, pressing their lips together more firmly. Lucas let out a little sound, something close to a gasp and William's lips parted, his tongue darted out, touching Lucas' lips and tasting the remnant sweetness of burnt marshmallow.

It had been so long since William had kissed someone and Lucas wasn't responding at all but he wasn't pulling away either and William found that he couldn't stop.

He pushed his tongue against Lucas' lips and they parted without much hesitation and then, the next thing he knew, Lucas was kissing him back.

His fingers suddenly dug into William's arms, holding him in place, his head tilted, deepening the kiss and William lunged into it, excitement flushing him.

His teeth pulled at Lucas' lips, hands dragged down his sides until Lucas shuddered and then, when they landed on his hips, Lucas broke away.

They stared at each other in the dark, gasping breathlessly and William wished there was light. He wanted to see the look on Lucas' face, read the expressions in his eyes that were always in such clear display.

"Whoa," Lucas finally breathed.

William chuckled.

"Yeah," he agreed.

He leaned forward, unable to help it and pressed their lips together, wanting more.

Lucas let him but after a moment he gently pushed against William's chest and William pulled back with a sudden sinking feeling that something was wrong.

"Why are you doing this?" Lucas asked slowly.

"Because I like you," William said.

Lucas snorted and William's worry turned into a chill of foreboding.

"Yeah right," Lucas muttered. "You like me so much you wanna stick your tongue down my throat?"

He laughed like it was some sort of ridiculous idea and William finally realized that Lucas wasn't cluing into just what kind of "like" he was talking about.

"Lucas, I mean, I'm attracted to you," he said quickly. "A lot."

Lucas was silent for only a moment before he let out a tired sigh.

"God, you really commit when you decide to mess with people," he said. "You're worse than Alex."

Lucas rolled over, turning his back to William who was staring at Lucas' back in the darkness, jaw hanging open, flabbergasted.

Did that just happen?

And who the hell was Alex?

William sank down slowly into the covers, pretty much shocked beyond reason. He had done it. He'd told Lucas that he liked him, was attracted to him and he had made out with him... and Lucas thought he was screwing with him?

He stared up into the darkness, wide eyes searching for answers. Eventually, the best he could come up with was that Lucas' self esteem was so low that he couldn't believe that someone liked him even if they had their tongue down his throat--as he so eloquently put it-- or someone had done this to him before and was just messing with him.

He thought he remembered Alex being mentioned before but now the name sank deep into William's mind where he wouldn't soon forget it.

William needed to meet these "friends" of his.

With a sleepy mumble, Lucas rolled over, engulfing William in a warm hug and nuzzling him with a sigh.

William stiffened and then when he realized how cozy and nice Lucas felt against him, he finally managed to push the frustrating thoughts from his head. 

He snuggled right back into his friend, wrapping up around him like a pretzel and smiled softly when Lucas hummed happily in his sleep.

He'd find a way to convince Lucas that he meant what he said. But that could wait until the morning.

~

AN: Sorry this was a short one, but I hope you liked it! <3 from here on evilness ensues! mwahahahahaa! (i.e. Now William is on a mission)

Please vote and fan if you are enjoying the story so far! xoxox