Waiting For Rain In A Drought

AN: Sorry for the delay this time guys. I found this chapter hard to write because, well, this is where things get dark... Duh DUh DUH!

Also! Did you see Loud and Clear won Best LGBT Teen Fiction on wattpad! xoxoxoxxo Soooo happy, I cannot even describe! (I'll put up the cover sticker asap) Thank you everyone reading and commenting. I might not have time to reply to every one but I read them all and reaaaaaally appreciate all of the support lately. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

~

Lucas tried his best to avoid everyone.

But, well, he was just as bad at being sneaky as he was at keeping secrets and within a heartbeat of stepping onto campus grounds, he was spotted.

A shrill shriek met his ears moments before Lucas was engulfed in a hug.

"Tell me everything!" Grace shrieked.

Lucas rolled his eyes.

"There's nothing to tell," he said. But while saying it, couldn't make eye contact and felt his cheeks heating to an uncomfortable degree.

"Oh my god!" Grace squealed. "Was it amazing? Is he a good kisser?"

She clapped her hands under her chin and her eyes twinkled gazing up at him.

"He was so sweet at the party," she said. "He was all Grr, defending his man."

She trailed off and waited for a response and Lucas' initial embarrassment turned into a deep warmth at the memory.

"Yeah," he said and a smile tugged his lips. "He's pretty amazing."

"Pretty and amazing," Grace corrected.

She took his arm in hers and lead him to a nearby bench, pushing him down and sitting next to him eagerly.

"So?" she prompted.

"So, what?"

She sighed.

"What happened after you left?" she asked.

Lucas shrugged helplessly, torn between the sudden desire to spill his guts while squealing and/or pretending that nothing happened.

"Uh--stuff," he managed.

Again, his face gave it all away because Grace laughed gleefully and slapped his arm.

"What kind of stuff?" she asked, wiggling her eye brows at him.

Lucas flushed and looked away, pointedly ignoring the high pitched noise she was making.

There was only one way through this, he realized. Not to mention, he wanted to share... he felt like his chest was going to cave in and his head explode and having someone to tell him what the hell was going on suddenly sounded like a really good idea.

"Okay," Lucas said somberly, turning to face her again. "I'll tell you."

She waited with baited breath.

"We went outside and--I asked him to come over--"

"Lucas! I had no idea you had that in you!"

"There are many things you don't know about me," he informed her, pretending he wasn't blushing. "I have many secrets and mysteries...."

Grace rolled her eyes.

"Just get back to the story."

Lucas cleared his throat.

"Well, we went to my place and, since there's no power--"

"About that..."

"It's fine, I'm taking care of it," he said.