Chapter 11- Brad's POV

Given that I have 3 other teenage boys alone in my house with a large supply of alcohol, it's surprising that there is such a lack of chaos. Connor is running around giggling and squealing like a child, but then again he's like that most of the time, just especially so when he's been drinking. Both me and James hold alcohol quite well, so we're doing ok, and after what happened last time he got drunk, Tristan appears to be taking it easy with the drinks. Part of me is a bit upset about that, as he was a totally different person and it was really exciting. He was quite flirty, but not as much as yesterday when he outright asked me if he had 'competition', but that said he was probably just joking. It's still sad though.

I'm cut out of my thoughts when Connor bounds over. "Brad Brad Brad."

I smile. "Con Con Con. What do you want?"

"I've had a realllyy good idea." he says, looking extremely pleased with himself.

I raise an eyebrow, as Connor's 'good ideas' often turn out to be really bad ones. "And what is that reallyy good idea?" I ask, mocking his drunk voice.

"We should play truth or dare!" he squeals, almost jumping up and down with excitement and ignoring me making fun of him.

I know from watching lots of American teen movies that playing drunk truth or dare at a party is actually a really bad idea, but I find myself nodding in agreement. "Sure, why not? Go and round the other 2 up."

"Yay!" shrieks Connor, jumping up to kiss my cheek. I smile as he  dashes off to find James and Tristan. Soon enough, we're sitting on the floor together in a circle- James opposite me, and I have Connor on my left and Tristan on my right. We start fairly sensibly, with James asking Connor if he's ever peed in a swimming pool, but as an adult. Connor nods almost without hesitation, and I pull a face at him, pretending to be disgusted. 

Connor then goes, and I pick truth as well. "What's the most stupid thing you've ever done?" he asks. 

I sigh. "Agreeing to play this. But seriously, when I was about 8 I licked a hairdryer just because I wanted to see what would happen." 

Tristan laughs. "I bet that hurt."

"It did." I say. "My mum made me sit with ice cubes in my mouth for like a hour." We play a few more rounds, and that's when things start to get exciting. Tristan gets dared to take a picture of himself pulling the ugliest face he can and send it to one of the prettiest girls in school. Tristan isn't into girls so it's not a problem in that respect, but it's humiliating all the same. James ends up agreeing to let us write rude words on him, but they can be covered up with clothing- we're not that mean. Before I know it, it's my turn again and I decide to ask for a dare. At this point, we're all much more drunk that we were at the start of the game. 

James looks around with an evil smile on his face before saying "I dare you to kiss Tristan."

I almost immediately spit my drink out, causing him to look at me in a disgusted way. "What?" I ask. 

James grins wickedly. "You heard me, kiss him."

I turn to Tristan. "Are you ok with that?" He nods, although he looks slightly hesitant, and I realise that I have no idea if he's ever kissed anyone before. Still, he agreed. I wouldn't do it if he wasn't cool with it. I lean in towards him, and press our lips together. He kisses back lightly, but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have much experience with kissing. It's not bad, but I have to smile to myself as I register that he tastes of Coca Cola. 

I don't properly make out with him, that would be weird, but I do feel butterflies in my stomach even at this simple kiss. I've never felt that when kissing someone before, not even with Josh. Connor wolf whistles, and that forces me to lean back, smiling. Tristan, however, isn't smiling, and he suddenly gets up and runs out the room. I don't even have to think about it before I'm getting up and following him, leaving James and Connor sitting on the floor looking confused about what the hell just happened.

-------

So, they finally kissed 😘 I had to get the ideas for the dares and truths off google, but the hairdryer story is true! It was one of my friends though, not me (honest!)

It's so hot here, about 30c, which I googled and found it is about 86f, which I know isn't that much really, but it's almost never warm here in England, so it takes a bit of getting used to. Very britishly we moan about the rain and then complain when it gets hot, we can never make up our minds 😂