Chapter 13- Tristan's POV

Unlike the last time I woke up in Brad's bed, I'm actually sober and fully aware of what's going on. I tried to avoid drinking too much after the embarrassing experience last time, but despite my lack of alcohol consumption, last night descended into chaos anyway. I panicked after Brad kissed me on a dare from James, and I ended up running off into my garden. I cringe as I remember how Brad found me sobbing like a baby, but he did take care of me. 

We eventually ended up cuddled up in his bed together- and that's where we are now. I've been awake for a while, just watching Brad peacefully sleeping. It gave me a bit of a shock earlier to find a head of dark curls laying on my chest when I woke up, but I had to smile when I realised that me and Brad had been cuddled up together all night. 

My arms are wrapped securely around his waist, holding me as close to him as I can. I'm trying to make the most of the cuddle, as I really like him, plus I can spend time with him without running the risk of embarrassing myself. After a few more minutes of watching his chest rise and fall and listening to his breathing, I start to run my fingers through his hair to wake him up gently, as I can't bring myself to shake him awake. Eventually, he opens his eyes and looks at me sleepily.

"Hey." I whisper, and he smiles.

"Morning Tris." he says. "What time is it?"

"Summer time." I answer, without even having to think about it.

He giggles. "It's our vacation. But seriously?"

I roll over to look at my phone. "It's 11 minutes past 11." I tell him.

Brad sits up. "That means we can make a wish, quick!"

"What?" I ask, looking confused.

"I'll tell you after, just do it!" he says excitedly. I find myself wishing for the first thing that comes into my head- for Brad to be my best friend forever. 

My phone clock changes over to 11.12, and Brad says "Lucky we wished in time." 

"What was that even about?" I ask.

"You're supposed to make a wish at 11.11." he tells me, looking exasperated at my lack of knowledge. 

"Why?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I don't know, you just do. I think it's to do with the numbers being lucky or something."

"That would make sense." I say. "What did you wish for?"

Brad giggles. "I can't tell you, or it won't come true. But right now I wish for you to come and have breakfast with me, so come on." I follow him down the stairs, and part of me wonders if he made a wish that was the same as, or even just similar to mine. I don't think about it for very long though, as soon enough we're sitting at the table drinking orange juice and eating toast with a variety of toppings. I opt for honey, but Brad puts peanut butter and chocolate spread on and folds it into a sandwich. 

"That's disgusting." I say, wrinkling my nose to fake being appalled.

"That's boring." he says, pointing at my toast. 

"I'd rather be boring than gross." I laugh.

 We sit at the table for a while before Brad says "I'm going to get dressed. You coming?" I nod, and follow him back upstairs. I sit on his bed and get my phone out, but am disturbed by Brad calling my name. I look up to see him stood in nothing but boxers and holding two t shirts up. I can't help but admire his tanned body, and then I suddenly realise what I was thinking about. 

"Tris!" Brad says again, shaking me out of my daydream. 

"Sorry." I apologise. "Miles away. What did you ask?"

Brad huffs, pretending to be annoyed. "I asked if you liked the red one or the stripy one more."

"The red one." I say without even thinking. "That colour looks nice on you."

Brad smiles. "Thank you." As he turns away to get changed, I think about everything I just said. I hope that he doesn't think I'm flirting with him, we're just friends... I think. He's been acting differently around me for the last few days, and he was only too happy to kiss me. I enjoyed it really, but I panicked and had no idea what to do. I'm not really worried about the running away part, more the enjoying it part- I'm his friend, am I meant to feel that way?..

-------

Sorry not sorry for the fluffy mess here, I liked it and I wanted something nice for Brad's birthday  😀

My sister does the chocolate spread/ peanut butter thing and it's gross, and I always make a wish at 11.11, I don't know what that says about my family 😂

Let me know if you enjoyed this! Please keep voting and commenting, it makes me so happy!