Chapter 23- Tristan's POV

It's a really warm evening, and it's far too hot to sleep in my room, so me and Brad decided to sleep under the stars tonight. We've been making the most of the nice weather- we had James and Connor over for a barbecue, during which we told them about our decision to be somewhere in between boyfriends and best friends. Connor thought it was hilarious that we'd come up with a ship name for ourselves, but James insisted that it was cute. I have to say though, Brad wasn't wrong when he said that James was over invested in our relationship. 

Anyway, it's good that everyone was so supportive. My mum gave me the warmest hug when I was telling her about it all, and Brad's mum says that I'm a 'nice boy' and that she's glad we're happy. I've never felt the way I do about Brad before, there's something about him that makes me smile all the time, and he understands me in a way that no one else does. I haven't been this happy in a long time, and it's a great feeling.

We're currently trying to put up a tent that Brad found in the shed, but as we haven't got the instructions, it's not going well. "We could ask your mum to help." I suggest after a few more painful attempts to get it to stand up. 

"No." Brad says firmly. "I am not being defeated by a set of poles and some fabric."

"But we're going to have to sleep on the ground at this rate!" I complain. 

"Have you ever slept in a tent? It's pretty much like sleeping on the ground anyway." Brad says, his voice slightly muffled by the fact that he's crawled under the tent.

"I'm not sleeping on bare ground." I say. "A spider might crawl over my face or something."

"That'll probably happen anyway." Brad says, emerging from the tent. "This thing's been in the shed for ages, I haven't used it since I was about 11. There could be anything in there." I laugh, but we soon start to make progress. Soon enough, we have the tent up successfully. "See!" Brad says triumphantly. "I told you we could do it."

"Very impressive." I say, smiling. "Bear Grylls eat your heart out." As it's the summer, it's fairly light out despite it being late. It would be a waste to not enjoy the evening, so Brad goes to get his phone speaker so we can put some music on. However, after a while, Brad's mum comes out into the garden with Jess following her.

"Turn that off boys, it's late." she says. 

Brad huffs. "Fine. Do you like our tent? We did it without the instructions."

"You did well." Brad's mum says approvingly. "I just hope it won't fall down in the night." With that, she smiles and heads back inside. 

"I hadn't even thought about that happening." Brad whines when she's gone. 

"Don't worry babe." I say, laughing lightly. "I'll look after you."

"Thank you, my night in shining armour." Brad says mockingly, but I know he's joking.

Soon enough, we're lying in the tent together with Jess curled at Brad's side. "We'll have to do this again." I say, yawning sleepily. 

Brad laughs. "We will. And it'll be easier to put the tent up next time."

I smile, reaching out to stroke his hair. "I know this sounds weird," I begin, "But thank you for being my best friend. I was so worried that I wouldn't fit in here, but you made me feel so welcome."

"That's ok Trissy." Brad smiles. We lie in silence for a while, until he says "Jess is asleep."

I laugh. "You should go to sleep too babe."

In response, Brad shifts so he's lying with his head on my chest. "Night Trissy." he says sleepily. "I love you."

I can't stop the smile that spreads on my face, and I lean down to kiss his forehead softly. "I lobe you too Brad." I start to gently rub his back to ease him to sleep, and soon enough his breathing evens out. He looks cute all the time, but especially so when he's asleep- he looks so peaceful. I reach over to stroke Jess, who's almost as cute as Brad when she's sleeping. Slowly, I can feel myself drifting off, and before I know it, my eyes are closing and I fall asleep feeling happier than I ever have.

------

I feel like this chapter wasn't very good, sorry (but let me know if you enjoyed it!). I think this story is coming to an end, but have no fear- I have a trames high school au in mind next *claps hands evilly*

So I had my first day at sixth form yesterday, and it was great! Everyone was nice, and I think it'll be great. It's at a different school to where I used to go, and I thought that I'd seen the last of my crush as I swear he said he was going to college, but nooo, he walked in yesterday and I swear I almost died 😭