Chapter 19- Tristan's POV

I'm really glad that me and Brad are friends again. I hate the amount of crying it took both of us to get there, but we managed it in the end. I missed him so much- I've never had a friend like him before, and it would have been awful to lose him due to my big mouth. I'm just about to go and find out if Brad wants to do something, despite the fact that it's the evening, but as I go to stand up, I get a text from him. 'I'm sick 😭🤕' it reads. I reply with '😷'. As I'm putting on a different shirt, he replies 'My mum's at work, please come and look after me 😩' I agree too- it's only fair, he looked after me when I was hungover. 

Me and Brad have developed a system of climbing over a low bit of fence between our gardens instead of using front doors like normal people. Thankfully, the back door is open and I go ik without a problem. I walk inside to find Brad curled up on the bathroom floor looking a bit shaky. "Right then," I ask, putting on a doctor voice, "What seems to be the problem?"

Brad tries to laugh weakly, but fails. "I keep being sick." he whispers. 

"Oh baby." I say sympathetically. "How many times is keep being?"

"Like 3 times in the past couple of hours." Brad says, looking miserable. 

I sit down next to him and put an arm around his shoulders. "Want me to stay with you?" I ask, and he nods. As we sit there, he tells me why he thinks he's ill. He thinks that he has some kind of stomach bug, but he doesn't know where it came from. He looks like he's in quite a lot of pain, so I ask him "What's wrong? You look like something hurts."

Brad nods. "My tummy hurts." he says, curling up into a ball. 

I wrap my arms around him properly. "You look so tired, babe." Brad yawns sleepily in response. "Try and go to sleep." I say. "I'll hold you." I start to rub his tummy gently, like my mum used to when I was ill as a child, and soon enough he's fallen asleep in my arms. 

After an hour or so, he starts twitching in his sleep and I hear him whispering "Trissy?"

"Yeah?" I reply. 

Brad sits up suddenly. "I feel sick again." He certainly looks it- he's gone pale and there are beads of sweat forming on his forehead. 

"Ok," I say calmly. "Take deep breaths. Try to breathe." Soon enough though, he's leaning over the bowl. It takes him a couple of heaves before anything comes up, but he soon starts being sick. I'm wondering about what to do- whether I should touch him or say something comforting, but in the end I settle for rubbing his back like he did for me. "I've got you." I say as I rub up and down his back slowly in an attempt to ease the discomfort. "I'm staying right here."

When he's finally stopped throwing up, he flushes the toilet and leans back against my chest, panting slightly. "My poor baby." I say, softly kissing his forehead. "What are we going to do with you, hey?" 

Brad shrugs, still looking exhausted."Sorry about that." I smile, standing up and he reaches to grab my hand. "Don't leave me." he almost begs. 

"I'm not leaving you." I say, smiling. "I'll be back in a minute, ok?" Brad nods, and I feel slightly less guilty. I go over to this living room then head back to the bathroom bearing a blanket and a couple of pillows. I put one pillow between my back and the wall, and the other on my lap. Brad takes this as a cue to curl up on his side and put his head in my lap. I drape the blanket over him, and stroke his hair softly.

He soon drifts off to sleep but I know we can't stay like this forever, so after a while I pick him up and carry him to his room. He's so exhausted that I manage to get him out of his jeans without waking him up. I tuck him under the duvet and a kiss his forehead. "Sweet dreams sleeping beauty." I whisper to him. I'm about to leave when I realise I can't leave him like that, so I grab a random stuffed animal off the floor and tuck it in his arms. Sensibly, I leave a note explaining what happened as well as a bucket (just in case he needs to puke again) then leave quietly, thinking how cute he looks.

-------

I just wanted a fluffy chapter, so I created this. I feel like my endings are  always a bit rushed *strokes (thankfully non-existent) beard while thinking* I also feel like Brad is the kind of person to still sleep with a teddy, so...

There's random squeaking noises in my room and I have no idea what they are, and I'm lowkey really scared 😱😭

Please let me know if you enjoyed this!