Chapter 24- Tristan's POV

Me and Brad have taken to sharing a bed for the last few nights. He likes to be held whilst he's asleep, and I quite like having him sleep on my chest. It's lucky that my mum's so chill about letting us sleep together- she's ok with it as long as we keep the door open. However, tonight Brad and me are in our own beds, and I miss him. I'm woken up by my phone ringing. I check the time, and then I'm wondering who the hell would call at 3 in the morning. As it's Brad, I pick up. "Hello?" I say sleepily.

There's snuffling at the other end of the line. "Trissy?" Brad says quietly. 

"Yeah?" I say, stifling a yawn. "You ok?"

"No." Brad whispers. "I had a nightmare, and now I'm scared."

"Oh baby." I say caringly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." Brad says, sniffling. "I don't want to be alone."

"You can come over here if you want." I offer. "I know it's late, but..."

"I'd like that." Brad says, so quietly I almost didn't hear him. Eventually, we decide that I'll wait downstairs for him. 

I open the door and instantaneously wrap my arms around him. "It's ok." I say gently. "I've got you." We go back upstairs as I ask "Does your mum know?"

"No." Brad says. "But I left a note on my door if she wonders." As we go into my room, Brad wriggles out of his jogging bottoms so he's just clad in boxers and a t shirt. "Is this ok?" he asks anxiously.

"Sure." I smile, sitting down next to him. I then stretch out on my bed and indicate the space next to me. 

He lies down next to me and says "I'm sorry about this. I was just too... scared to be by myself."

"I get that." I say sympathetically. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

Brad shakes his head. "I don't really remember it. I just know I was scared. I was crying when I woke up."

"Maybe it'll come back to you in the morning." I say. "But right now, it's late and you need to go to sleep."

Brad looks slightly hesitant. "Will you look after me?"

"Course I will." I say. Brad shifts so he's lying curled up next to me, his head resting on my bare chest. I wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his forehead. Then, I slowly start to rub his back to ease him to sleep. 

I'm reminded of us sleeping in the tent together a few days ago when Brad whispers  "Thank you Trissy. I love you."

"I love you too." I reply quietly, reaching down to take his hand. Slowly, he begins to fall asleep on my chest. He looks so cute when he's asleep, his chest slowly rising and falling. I'm so lucky to have him- he's sweet and funny and kind, and of all the boys in the world, he chose me to be his boyfriend. He was so nice to me when I moved here not knowing anyone, and look where we are now. I haven't felt this happy in a long, long time. 

Despite how nice it is having Brad sleep on my chest, I can't get back to sleep myself. In the end, I just keep daydreaming. I remember what Brad said about his mum being totally cool about him being gay as long as she still got grandkids, and my mind flicks to the future- maybe me and Brad could get married, have 10 kids and teach them how to dream. 

And now I'm thinking about how weird I am. Brad once told me about all the weird things he likes about me- like the faces I pull when I'm thinking, and how I sometimes talk to myself when I don't think anyone's listening. I'm slightly startled when Brad breaks the silence by letting out a small, contented snore, and I have to smile at how cute he looks. His curly hair is all over the place, and his mouth is slightly open. 

I lean down to kiss the top of his head before whispering "I wish you knew how much I love you." Soon enough, I finally feel sleep start to take me. I shift over a bit so I can hold Brad properly, as I wouldn't dream of letting him go. He's much too precious to me. I give his hand a final squeeze before lying back and closing my eyes, letting myself  fall asleep in what is now the only way that feels right.

-------

Apologies if this chapter wasn't very good, and also for lack of update on Wednesday, I was ill 😷 

I'm totally exhausted from sixth form this week, it's a totally different environment but I'm enjoying it and I've made friends. Though I think my crush has gone to a different school, since I haven't seen him all week ☹️ Though I did in town today, and I swear my heart sank 😭