Family night with the Mikaelsons

With Klaus’ help, I finally got back to my room. He still didn’t have much to say which seemed odd for him, but I was grateful because he didn’t linger. I wanted to get a nice, long shower, go through my things and try to forget about the entire ordeal I’d just been through. Thinking of my friends and my mom and hoping they were okay, helped with that.

Taking off Klaus jacket, I turned in the mirror to take a look at my back. Seeing it looked the same as it always did, and not peppered with jagged holes, I blew out a sigh of relief and got started. I’d showered, put on some fresh clothes, and restored my hair to its normal style.

When I considered all of my boxes, and Klaus had every single belonging of mine brought here, I wondered what to do. If I completely unpacked, and then everything got resolved, it would be that much more time packing up and heading back to Whitmore. I decided to sort everything into immediate needs, might be needed, and don’t unpack. I felt better with some of my things around me.

I had no idea how long I’d been doing my thing. The sun was setting when someone knocked at my door. I wasn’t surprise to see Rebekah there. I was surprised by the wariness I saw in her face.

She also didn’t say anything which made things a little awkward.

“Hi, Rebekah,” I greeted her.

“Hi.” Her gaze dropped.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

That got her attention.

“I’m fine,” she said with caution. “I just wanted to talk to you about dinner.”

“Okay.” Standing back I let her walk in the room. “I didn’t realize it was so late.”

“You’ve done some unpacking.” Rebekah looked around the room, spying my laptop.

That reminded me.

“Klaus said you guys have internet but I don’t know the password.”

“I’ll write it down for you,” she told me, still not quite acting like herself.

“Okay, Rebekah? Spill. What’s wrong?” I kept a smile on my face as I spoke, but I didn’t want to keep playing the eggshell game with her.

She blew out an exhale. “So you’re not mad at me?”

That was the Rebekah I knew. That was straight to the point.

“No,” I told her.

She nodded. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“You stood up for me to Nik. If you hadn’t been here, I would probably be in a box right now.”

“If I weren’t here,” I explained, “the entire incident wouldn’t have happened. Well, it would have but they would have attacked you and you would have handled it.”

Her shoulders lifted a little at that. “I would have.”

“So, I’m starving. You mentioned dinner?” I grinned at her, plopping down on my bed to sit at the edge.

“Yes, I thought it might make us feel better,” Rebekah explained. “When it’s just us, we have a couple of servants who make meals, mostly to make sure Hayley is well fed. For the rest of us, sometimes we’ll dine, sometimes not. Haley grabbed left overs earlier and plans to stay in her room to get some extra rest. My brothers are in the middle of some world domination plot.”

“So basically you’re looking for an excuse for comfort food?” I teased her.

Rebekah grinned back at me. “I guess so.”