Something Wicked This Way Comes...

When I awoke the next morning, I wasn’t surprised to find myself alone. After the face off yesterday with Marcel, I knew there’d be some fall out to deal with today. Klaus was always a few steps ahead of everyone else and this would be no exception. He’d be making plans right now.

Davina, Marcel’s witch, was somewhere in the mansion and who knew how she’d react when she awoke. The girls had also been knocked out by Clarice’s massive display of power and I hoped that they were recovered this morning.

And there were other issues to deal with. Would Marcel return for the young witch? Would he come back with more vampires or hybrids – whatever they were? Would he come back with Tyler? How would we all deal with it?

Sighing, I climbed out of bed, still wearing the lace topped stockings I’d tempted Klaus with – but nothing else. He’d insisted I leave those on. Scraps of black satin and lace  littered the bed, the floor and I shook my head, remember just how much he’d enjoyed ridding me of the rest of my sexy lingerie last night. My body was pleasantly sore in all the right places and I stretched, enjoying the slight pain along with the memories of how I’d gotten it. Gradually I was getting used to my new, powerful lover. I never knew what to expect with him but that uncertainty only made it all the more exciting. Sometimes he was the gentlest lover who spent the night making me feel cherished, loved. Other times, he was more animalistic, taking me over and over until I fell into deep exhausted sleep.

Things were good. I had still had concerns about his idea of keeping me safe. I understood his point of view, I did. But there were times that no matter how loved, how desired he made me feel, the walls of his beautiful mansion seemed to be closing in on me. The conflict with Marcel and Tyler? It could drag on for years. Was I to be a prisoner of the mansion indefinitely?

I smiled when I saw that Klaus had laid my robe at the foot of the bed for me. Slipping it on, I dashed into the bathroom to get myself put together for the day. I had no idea what I’d be walking into when I went downstairs.

I found Clarice, her girls and Davina in the dining room having breakfast. Anya and Christine looked like they were hung over and I had a hard time trying to keep a straight face. They looked tired and miserable so it really wasn’t funny. Still, I knew all too well how it felt to have a real hangover and they were kids. Anya held one hand over her eyes as a shield. Christine winced as she chewed a long strip of bacon.

Davina just looked worried. She sat across the table from the girls, eyeing me warily as I approached the sideboard and made myself a plate. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausages – all making my mouth water. I took a seat at the end of the table where Klaus often sat, guessing it would make Davina more comfortable if I kept a distance.

“Hey guys,” I said to Clarice’s girls. “How are you this morning?”

“Like shit,” Anya grumbled. “How are you doing?”

“Anya!” Clarice marched into the kitchen, glaring at her older daughter. “Language.”

“Whatever,” Anya mumbled.

“Davina, can I get you anything?” Clarice asked, looking like she’d had a great night’s sleep and felt like a million bucks. There was also a good deal of concern on her face when she considered the younger witch.

Davina glanced at her with obvious worry. I didn’t blame her after what happened yesterday. Clarice was scary. I was just glad that so far she was on our side.

Finally, the girl shook her head.

“You want to talk about things?” Clarice asked, taking the seat between Davina and me. “Are you feeling okay?”