Chapter Nine

EVERLASTING LOVE
FIND ME

"It's a little test, seriously you'll do fine Clary. I took mine this morning."
Jase grips my arms to connect our eye contact again.

"I can't get what Magnus said off my mind. What if it happens while I'm in there?"

The locker room stinks of sweat and dirty clothes. I look at the locker that displays my name with my weapons and outfit. It reads "Team A" for Asher. Asher has been trained his whole life, if anyone can lead my group through this it is him. I have to trust him.

"So far it's only happened in your sleep you'll be fine. Just remember it's not real. You go in the simulation room, it may look like you've really been stabbed, but you'll only feel a shock and then your out. That won't happen to you though, you'll pass it."

I look him in the eyes as he continues to comfort me. He's right I'm over reacting. I needed to hear him tell me I'll pass. I nod and remove my self from his arms. He takes that as a signal to leave me to get prepared.

"You can do this, I know it. Your special," he kisses my forehead then exits leaving me in silence.

I've heard rumors of the test, it is one of the hardest designed by the clave. They put you on a simulated demon planet and the mission is to close the portal that transports them to our world. The simulations are so real, some come out with PTSD. But in reality the worst that could happen is what? I feel a small shock and the room goes black. So why not give it everything I've got? The tests purpose is to make sure our team moves as one organ. That we can operate efficiently and complete a task given by the clave. I have no doubt Asher has been working his whole life for this moment, so I shouldn't panic. I'm genetically advanced right?

Thanks psychotic dad for the angel blood that makes me advanced in this field.

I push my self conscious back, I haven't been in the field since the war. So today I would prove myself again. I suit up and grab my weapon.

"Fairchild finally made it! I thought I'd have to go into this battle without my XO!"  Asher is energetic, you can tell he has waited for this day. The day he becomes a real solider.

"XO..?"
"Executive officer, military talk."
"Oh right, should I salute or something?"
"No, not now. I like the respect though Fairchild."

Asher gives a swift wink and turns around, facing the front of the intimidating double doors along with the rest of the crew.

"Come on Asher, we all know Clary let you win that captain fight." Anna pats my back and giggles.

"Right, I'll remember you said that when we're on the field."
Asher rolls his eyes sarcastically as Anna steps back to her group of friends.

The relaxed atmosphere suddenly dies when a man with a clipboard steps forward.

"Capt Asher, control your team please."

Suddenly Asher stands straight and calls us in line. The room is silent. I stand first, hand in salute. The tension is tight as we wait for him to speak. Asher looks same as he did, only taller and stronger.

"The doors will open in 45 seconds, you will apply the simulation chip, and begin. Good luck troops. You'll need it."
The man disappears down the hall once again.