Chapter Three

// so this is my first time using my Macbook Pro to write so please forgive if there are mistakes!!:) //

EVERLASTING LOVE
SPILT COFFEE

Stepping into Idris agin was like a warm welcoming home. The grass moves to the same rhythm of the wind. People walking freely down the sidewalk having conversations along with them. Jace makes his movements with swiftness dogging people and I try to keep up. We are to meet Luke and my mother at Luke's sisters house. Flashes fill my head as I remember the terrible night that Luke sister was no longer herself.

"Clary watch out!" I turn my head to Jace snapped out of a daydream as a man bumps right into me drenching me in coffee.

"Hey!" I yell at the figure.

I look up at the guy. His hair is ruffled in an almost purposely lazy look. His hair is dark with a streak of silver running through it, his eyes a deep blue. His coffee, all over my now ruined shirt.

"Oh god, my apologies miss." he looks about jace's age but talks like he fell right out of the 1800s, I get a hint of an accent coming from his voice.

Jace has now found his way to us he grabs my waist and helps me up.

Jace faces. "who did-"

The dark hair boy speaks up. "that would be me, I'm sorry. You must be her brother?"

Jace turns around almost embarrassed. "Boyfriend, Jace Herondale."

realization strikes his face. "oh yes of course, how could have not noticed, I have just spelt my coffee all over one of the two power couples. Why yes of course, Clary fray and Jace Herondale. That once believed to be brother and sister right? That must have been hard. I've heard your whole story. Now, you haven't hear mine have you?" his eyes slide over to mine quickly I convert mine.

"My name is Asher Cartwright. How about we have some real coffee sometime, maybe I could share my story," he laughs a little "It wont be as interesting as yours I'm sure."

Jace feels uncomfortable I can tell, this guy though...something seems just, right maybe? I feel like I've known him.

Jace shifts his weight onto the other foot and grabs my hand. "um i don't think we could make it, I've got a lot of training to uh-"

Asher chuckles and pics up the coffee cup. "I wasn't asking you, Clary? Coffee sometime?"

Jace's eyes are on me, i don't have to look i can feel them on me. "actually i think that wouldn't be the best idea, i don't know how long ill be here and-"

"No need to explain I understand," he smiles and nods. He says goodbye as Jace digs into his bag for more napkins.

Asher bumps into me agin as he leaves. "oh sorry, catch you around," he smiles and disappears as fast as he came.

I see he dropped his cup. I pick it up turning it around, theres writing.

Coffee shop around the block to the left, in two days. 10am? I'd love to hear your story, the real one.

-Asher

A smile creeps up my lips.

"what," Jace ask handing me the napkins.

"Huh, nothing um he forgot to through his cup away. I'll throw it away at the house." I stuff it in my bag.

Jace laughs putting his hand around my waist. "spills coffee on people then litters? You can never trust someone who litters."

I laugh as we make our way down the streets, him holding me even when I'm wet and sticky.

"You know I think your even cuter drenched in coffee," he looks at me and makes a face. "maybe not...."

I wack his arm and we both laugh.

____________

"Mother!"

Her oven mitts fly off as she approaches me and embraces me at the door. I missed her sweet smell. Her warm hugs. Her cooking..maybe not that much.

"Mother!" Jace calls out as he enters.

Jocelyn laughs and hugs Jace back. Finally Luke enters the room, he looks surprised.

"Oh yeah..Luke the kids are coming over today," my mother smiles and raises her hands.

"Clary.," I smile on my way over to Luke i notice he's gotten more grey strands in his hair, but with the contrast of his other dark full brown hair it makes it look almost like he meant it to be there.

I embrace Luke and his arms hold me. Luke has always been a father to me, I don't think anyway could handle me or my mother the way he does.

We talk for the longest time and finally when it starts to get dark my mother shows us to our room, making it very clear that me and Jace were to be in separate beds even though we both were adults now.

I walk into the same room I stayed in when I was last here. The box with the dress and picture still remained there untouched. Most of the house was still untouched. I slip out of my clothes and into a silk night gown, it wasn't at all what I usually wear to sleep but my mother had found some of Amatis clothes and had given them to me. A small knock is heard.

I smile and answer. "password?"

I hear a muffled voice."let me in or els i'll have to climb up through the window."

I giggle and open the old creaky door because if I didn't I knew he wasn't joking about climbing. His golden hair is ruffled and his chest is shirtless exposing his scars and his runes. I walk towards him. His eyes are pink almost. I trace his marks with my fingers.

"You haven't been sleeping. Why?"

He ignores the question and looks at me with a smirk.

"Whats this little thing?" he plays with the silk night dress that stops at mid thigh.

"Not mine, its Amitis." I move my fingers to his back and trace the faded one there.

We sit on the bed as I look at the old walls with some paint coming off, they could remodel this but they wont. I don't blame them, I find it comforting. Jace smiles and pulls the covers back and traps me in his arms. I turn around the face him, I look up at how close our faces are.

He barely kisses me on the bridge of my noes.
"sleep." he whispers as he rubs the pad of his thumbs against my cheek. I turn back around as his arms find my waist. I make a goal to go to sleep after him, to make sure he falls asleep. Every time I peek back he smiles at me and returns his gaze back to the celling. I fail to make sure he sleep. The night got later and his arms got warmer as I finally gave in and slept.

// thank you for reading! please dont be shy and leave your thoughts about it below! feel free to even just say "hi" or rate it "2/5 or 5/5" your guys opinions mean a lot to me! forgive the spelling mistakes its my first time writting on a computer! please please dont forget to VOTE! THANK YOU LOVES XOXO -sam //