Chapter Four

EVERLASTING LOVE
WELCOME HOME

THE next day went by at a rapid speed, most of it did. When it became time for me and Jace's meeting with the clave it was like every second I waited turned into a century.

"Hey, Clary look at me," Jace takes my hands and my attention.

The walls of the hall seem to be getting longer and longer leading to the big double doors at the end. I try to focus on Jace I Know it will help.

"I'm here. Were not being called here because of war, or death, or trouble. Were here because we agreed to their request."

I take a deep breath out because I know he's right. I can feel his hands on me. their firm and knowing. Jace has his secrets and battles but I've never known anyone stronger then him. We are here to meet the clave and discuss our places here. We're different, me and Jace, and that scares me. The double doors open.

"Jace Herondale. the clave is ready for you."

Jace grabs my hand and we make our way down the hall, maybe it wasn't that long.

"The girl stays. The clave will meet with her next."

Jaces grip tightens. "you must be confused, she'll be joining me," he's voice gets low and hash.

"Or there will be no meeting do you understand?"

The girl swallows and looks back at the doors. "the girl. Stays."

I look at Jace for help and he sighs and turns back to me. "everything is fine Clary, they wont do anything. I haven't broken to many rules lately," I barely giggle as he kisses me on the cheek and gives me the "ill see you soon" look. I nod. He enters...I wait.

I count the tiles, the number of cracks in it. I count the seconds, the minuets, the hour.

The girl returns. I look for Jace but he must have exited out the back door like I will.

"Clary fray the clave is ready for you," I exhale and enter.

"Ahh, welcome home Clarissa."

____________

I exit.

Jace stands his hands behind his head outside. A girl makes an attempt to ask him his number but he quickly shoots her down. I smile.

I sneak up "hey hottie."

He spins around and grips my shoulders.

"What did they say to you?" I'm thrown off my guard a little.

"What? What did they say to you" he let go noticing his grip left a pink mark?

"I start training tomorrow agin 10am to 4. They told you the same right?" I wish I could have said yes.

"No, I don't train till 4-10pm" I rub up my arm realizing we would not be seeing each other for a while.

"Shit, I'm not leaving you Clary at 10am and waiting to see you at 10 pm. No I won't. Who knows who will be there when you're training."

"Your right I could very well be the only girl there. And sometimes it gets hot and I bet some guys might even take-" I tease with him but stop when I see the concern in his eyes.

I wrap myself in his arms placing them around me.

"It will be okay. We only train separate monday to Thursday. Then we can have the rest off. They said we can be free those days along as we have a little workout and train fighting."