Mission to the Mist

I woke up and changed into my new outfit, including the weights. We were getting our first mission today. It was to capture the futile lord's wife's cat. Yay. (note the sarcasm) Last time it took an hour to catch her. Hopefully it will take less time to track her down. I went to our meeting place and waited. And waited. And waited. No one showed up. So I decided to do the mission by myself. I summoned a few clones and sent them out, while the real me stayed at the meeting place. Sure enough, one of my clones returned with the cat. I took her and went straight to the Hokage's office to find Kakashi reading his book next to the entrance. 'No wonder he's always late.' I thought as I walked to him and said "I'll tell the Hokage to cancel the mission while I'm there." And with that, I walked in the door leaving Kakashi confused. I explained the situation to the Hokage, who was impressed. A newbie ninja managed to catch a cat in 4 minutes, and without her teammates. "Sakura, was it? You are showing the signs of a prodigy. If you keep this up, I'll be recommending you for ANBU." The Hokage said as he wrote in a scroll. I thanked him and left.

'I wonder were the other two are. It's way past our meeting time and I don't see anyone. Sasuke is never late and don't get me started on Naruto and Kakashi.' I thought as I sat down beneath a tree. Suddenly, I felt a lot of sting chakra signatures surround me. "Who's there?!" I exclaimed as I stood up and grabbed a kunai, defending myself. "Sakura Haruno, your coming with us." Said a voice, coming from the shadows. "Come out to where I can see you!" I screamed towards the direction of the mysterious figure. The figure slowly steps out of the shadows revealing his identity. It was Itachi! Then I was surrounded by the other Akatsuki members. "This is the last time I'm saying this. You're coming with us." Itachi said with a lot of force. "Fat chance, weasel! You'll have to fight me!" I exclaimed. "As you wish." And they all charged, some screaming catch phrases.

"I'll sacrifice you to the Lord Jashin, you pink little bitch!!!!!"

"Art is an explosion!"

"TOBI IS A GOOD BOY!!!"

After a lot of explosions and lots of trees dying, I defeated one member and injured a couple others. I grabbed the on I knocked out and ran to the Hokage's office. I burst in the door, not bothering to knock. "Lord Third!" I called out. "I need to speak with you immediately!" I said. He took one look at my bruised and scratched up body and said "Go on." I nodded and explained the whole situation. After finishing, I dropped the unconscious enemy and said "He might be of use to the ANBU." He wrote something down and handed me a scroll, telling me to go to the ANBU headquarters and to give it to the ANBU in charge.

I now stood in a dark room in front of the head ANBU. He was reading over the scroll I gave him. I honestly have no idea what's in the scroll, whatsoever. None. Nada. Although I am a bit curious now. After the ANBU finished reading, I said "The Hokage wants you to be an ANBU. You with get your uniform in a couple of minutes. Then another member will take you to get your tattoo. Dismissed." I nodded and went to the place to receive my uniform. After changing I was led to a room, where I got my tattoo symbolizing my membership.

IN THE OTHER TIME WITH TSUNADE

As I examined Sakura's body I noticed an ANBU tattoo appear on her right arm. 'She is starting to change the past.' I thought as I grabbed her hand.

BACK TO THE PAST

I smiled as I examined my newly received tattoo in the mirror. I looked at the calendar and thought 'Only two months until Sasuke will leave the village. I need to be strong enough to stop him' and with that I changed into something more comfortable and loose, then headed to the training grounds. When I got there, I saw Naruto and Sasuke training. And by the looks of it, they've been there for a while. 'So this is where they are.' I thought as I walked to the empty section. I placed my things down and began to do pushups. Then moved onto one handed pushups. After that, I ran laps around the training grounds and punched trees with my chakra infused fists. After all that, I sat down and meditated.

The training went on for weeks and weeks. I kept on adding more intense exercises each time, making it harder. Then the day arrived. After training, I went to the path he would take and waited. Then in the middle of the night, he came. I appeared in front of him with a kunai against his neck and said "Don't move a muscle."

"Hn."

"Go back to your house."

"Hn."

"You leave me no choice."

Before he could reply, I knocked him out and swung his limp body over my shoulder. I took him to my house and laid him on my bed. Before leaving the room, I looked back and whispered "Sorry Sasuke, but I can't let you leave the village. Not again." And with that I closed the door and went to the couch, bringing a pillow and a blanket. 'I completed my mission, Lady Tsunade.' I thought as I drifted into a dreamless slumber.